» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

» Question time.
by Luney Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 am

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 am

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 am

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

Tell us where you're from

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tell us where you're from

Post by Evie on Mon May 16, 2016 10:18 pm

Where in the world do you live? Smile In the interests of getting to know each other better, we could also answer the following questions:

1. What country do you most want to visit?
2. What do you love the most about your hometown?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would you live?

Very Happy
Evie
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tell us where you're from

Post by Luney on Sat May 21, 2016 8:50 am

I'm Luney from Luuneyland, Estonia and Florida Wink

1. Oh I have so many countries I "most" want to visit, but Tanzania, Myanmar and Venezuela are all pretty high up there Very Happy

2. Well you all know what I'm going to say lol-

The best thing about my home town is the endless powdery soft white sand beaaaaaaaaaaaachhhhh Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

3. I'm pretty happy living here, if I could live 1 month a year at home in Estonia and travel around for 1 month I would be even happier Wink
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon May 23, 2016 10:53 pm

I would love to see Myanmar. And Cambodia. And India. And Bhutan. And Nepal. Flattered

I'm from Sydney, and Queensland, Australia, oh and from here as well:

(I have European roots Very Happy )

1. At the moment, that's very hard, but if we're choosing from countries we haven't been to, then either

Egypt

or

Antarctica

2. These days I get a bit confused about where my hometown is, whether it's where I was born or ---
...but where I live at the moment, the best thing may just be...

Razz Razz Razz

...no really, the most beautiful thing here is the nature, and that includes beaches. Very Happy

3. Though this is really hard, it's also quite easy.

ENGLAND

or
Austria or Germany or Switzerland

(assuming unlimited funds of course Razz )

or Prague

...so not difficult to choose, at all! Ummm
Evie
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:46 pm

I am from Craiova, Romania.

1. There are many of 'em, but the UK, The Netherlands and Sweden/ Australia definitely are on the top of my list. Smile

2. I guess I love the artesian well from the downtown the most! Very Happy

3. See my first list. I don't know if I could get used to living in a Nordic country like Sweden though. Sad

drm0
Shimmering
Shimmering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:33 pm

Hello fellow Balkan, greetings from Greece Cool

Evie, you mentioned something about Oxford the other day, and I somehow assumed that you meant THE Oxford in Britain LOL! Australia then!! I've always wanted to pay a visit, since I have family members in Melbourne (plus, I adore Australian wild life.) One day!!

So far, I've only visited a few countries in Europe, my most favorite being Scotland. I'd just love to live there. Also I think that Iceland, The Netherlands, the US, and Britain in general would be places that suit me well. But then I think, I just might manifest winning the lottery and spending time everywhere in the world hehe!
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:47 pm

Hello!

Hehe, I've been to Greece on holiday, but I  haven't visited too much of it, 'cause we went directly to the seaside. Smile I remember visiting Skiathos (I hope I am not wrong). Smile I loved the overall atmosphere!

drm0
Shimmering
Shimmering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:28 am

@Strawberry Girl -- Oh yes, I was talking about the Oxford lol, I have stayed there for a few months in total over the last couple of years as part of my PhD, doing research at the Bodleian. One of my favourite places on earth! I'm based between Australia and Europe/UK, often spending the European summer in the northern hemisphere for research trips and conferences, then back in Australia after that. I am half Czech and half English-heritage Australian, and I partly grew up in Europe, so basically I feel at home almost anywhere....  it gets confusing!

Re Australian wildlife - I'm glad to meet someone who doesn't immediately say "ohh spiders and snakes and sharks affraid " Razz ...we do have really beautiful wildlife, and I'm lucky enough to live in a place with lots of it.

In my backyard you will find --

Rainbow Lorikeets

King Parrots

Crimson Rosellas

Pale-Headed Rosellas

Pink and Grey Galahs

Sulphur-Crested Cockatoos (pretty but they make an awful racket!)

Black Cockatoos

Possums

Kangas (lots of them)

A koala (spotted once)

Flying foxes (hundreds of them, roosting in the tall gum trees and flying in great clouds of black...and leaving deposits in the pool area Shruggy smiley )

Carpet pythons (sadly pretty common and always give mum a scare when gardening -- up to 3m long)

Red-bellied Black Snakes (rare but erm very poisonous)

Large-ish stick insects

oh and of course

Several different varieties of spider

...and other snakes, moderately to very poisonous.

Living in Australia kind of defeats the purpose of going to the zoo. Shruggy smiley

So please do visit us, I'm sure you'll love it! Melbourne is really nice, too...

I have a lot more to say (commenting on your posts), but that'll have to wait till next time!

@drm0 - will reply more soon but what a lovely fountain! I haven't visited Romania yet, but one day...

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:03 am

@drm0: Yes, it's called Skiathos, and as far as I know, it's a beautiful and relatively quiet place. Great for holidays! I want to visit Romania one day. After all, we're neighbors Cool

Evie, you've got kangaroos and parrots in your backyard? WOW!! I've only got a few cats, and I get regular visits from doves, since they've conquered the athenian sky (lots of waste caused by them, but I don't mind.) Besides koalas and kangas, which are the obvious winners of cuteness, I just ADORE the tasmanian devil and platypuses. Awesomeness! I'd love to hag a tas one day Very Happy As for snakes and insects, ahm, well....Kinda scary, to be honest with you. I don't mind the crocodiles, especially the baby ones! But then, Australia proves that the Earth is a magnificent place with so many diversities, and so much beauty, and so many things undiscovered yet.

Also, what a great heritage you carry! Czech, English, Australian. Wonderful! As for European summertime, and traveling, I only have to say this. You are lucky to be able to travel the world doing what you love, therefore spending time mostly on your studies and your PhD is totally worth it. You can always read books in between travels, or maybe enjoy a nice victorian novel while traveling across the british countryside Very Happy
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:21 am

@drm0 wrote:I am from Craiova, Romania.

@drm0 , I would really like to visit Romania some day. One of my friends is Romanian, she comes from a wonderful musical family - she is also one of the most incredible people you'll ever meet, so your country is well-represented in [my circle of friends in] Australia! Very Happy

1. There are many of 'em, but the UK, The Netherlands and Sweden/ Australia definitely are on the top of my list. Smile

Oh I'd love to visit Sweden too -- Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, ohhhh....  experience midnight sun and beautiful snowy snowy snow snow snow. (Sorry, I had to do that. Cool )

I grew up with Nordic mythology and stories from Scandinavia like East o'the Sun, West o' the Moon, and the Polar Bear King movie (Norwegian), so I'm very keen on snowy snow snow snow. Very Happy

Not that there isn't snow in Central and Eastern Europe (though the amout seems to be declining every year Shruggy smiley ), but I've always wanted to experience the magic of the north.

@Luney always has amazing stories about her childhood in the snow, building snow tunnels and so on...  I remember snow caves and things but Luney's stories are the ultimate. Very Happy

2. I guess I love the artesian well from the downtown the most! Very Happy
That is really beautiful. Smile

3. See my first list. I don't know if I could get used to living in a Nordic country like Sweden though. Sad

Much as I love snow and the whole romance of it, I don't think I couldn't get used to cold dark winters, so I probably couldn't live there for the long-term either. Shruggy smiley
Though there is this---

''Sure, Swedes celebrate Christmas, Easter, Midsummer and Walpurgis Eve. But almost as important are the days celebrating foods: Shrove Tuesday (Fettisdagen), which in Sweden calls for a semla; Waffle Day (Våffeldagen) on 25 March; and Cinnamon Bun Day (Kanelbullens dag) on 4 October. Feel free to gorge on said food all day long without guilt.''

I could live with that sort of thing. Laughing

Australia is a nice place to live, I'd definitely encourage you. Cool

What's the best thing about living in Romania?

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:11 pm

I am glad you have met nice Romanians. I like to think that the most of us are like this. Smile

Well, I see you really want to have snowy snowy days - I guess you don't have 'em in AUS. Very Happy These days are hotter than it's normal here, so I'd really like some snow too or ,at least, some rain! I can't take this weather no more, I am not used to it.

I don't really think I could name the best thing about living here, because this country lots of problems, but maybe the cheap & fast internet (500 Mbps for 8,5 EUR)? Smile

drm0
Shimmering
Shimmering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Ah I love fast (and would love cheap) internet! At the moment, mine keeps falling out, and I don't know why. Sad It's very frustrating - I wonder if it might be a problem with the modem, but it seems as if sometimes the internet just plain disappears (the wifi signal is fine), so it might be something with the service provider. I don't know, but it's terrible, especially when you're under a lot of pressure with work. Gaah!

So maybe I should move to Romania...

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:29 pm

You certainly should! We have one of the best internet infrastructures in Europe - mainly built using optical fiber (except for the rural and small towns, but this seems to be changing too!).  

This happened because our country was under communism until December 1989, so we hardly had any infrastructure in the 90s and the companies have directly used the newest technologies. Smile

drm0
Shimmering
Shimmering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BerryGoddard on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:12 pm

Greetings,

From the beautiful island of Jamaica!!! Nice to see you all from around the world!!
BerryGoddard

View user profile http://nevilleiam.fullforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:30 pm

I would really love to visit Jamaica!
I really love Jamaican rum in sweets. Mmmmm immediately makes me feel I'm in paradise. Wink

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BerryGoddard on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:41 pm

@Evie wrote:I would really love to visit Jamaica!
I really love Jamaican rum in sweets. Mmmmm immediately makes me feel I'm in paradise. Wink

*Fixes you a pina colada and everyone on here on the forum* Flower sunny

Rum is one of my favorite things.
BerryGoddard

View user profile http://nevilleiam.fullforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:28 am

Ohh I love Jamaica and Jamaicans, I haven't been there myself, but I lived a year in London with a Jamaican family. I miss the music and foooood and obviously I miss them too Very Happy
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks, Berry!

Make sure you have one yourself!

What's your favourite thing about living in Jamaica? Do you go to the beach a lot? (I love the beach! I live near a few of them in Australia, but I'm hoping to actually go to the beach more often soon...)

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Omg, piña coladas are my faaaavorite!

I've never been to Jamaica but I've been to the Caribbean and I could definitely get used to island life!
kazoo
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Welllll if we are going to sip on some rum count me in! But count on it that I will be lying under the table after one drink. Half Asians can't handle alcohol that well Wink
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum