» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

» Question time.
by Luney Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 am

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 am

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 am

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

What Good Things Happened to You Today?

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Good Things Happened to You Today?

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:37 pm

So I was thinking a certain song to sing at my singing classes but didn't quite dare to suggest it since I don't know it's a nice song but I didn't know if she would like it. And today she came with that song idea herself and it went awesome! Loving it!
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:16 pm

I found the shoes I mentioned I was looking for! banana Banana 1 Banana 2
kazoo
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:12 pm

Having a great day or what @kazoo Wink!

I am so happy because my mind is so quiet! It only sees the good things in everything so I had an awesome day while nothing special happened Wink although I did wake up this morning while saying amazing things happen to me all the time. I have spend half of my day at the beach with a friend and went back at night with another friend to watch the sun going down. There is something magical in the air. I can sense it or maybe I am so in tune with myself that I am going a bit insane lol

Anyways it's almost as if Bob Ross swept his soft brush over the Dutch sky tonight.
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:28 am

Yay @kazoo! Yay!

What a beautiful photo @LittlemissSunshine. I love you

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Amazing photo LittleMiss!!
kazoo
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Awe thank you both of you <3
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:28 pm

I found One flew over the Cuckoo's nest and My Fair Lady on dvd in the local supermarket, so tonight it's going to be movie night Very Happy
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:52 pm

I hope your movie night was fantastic nighty

Wow. Life is really falling into place. I manifest things into my life and that's awesome. Haven't had a manifestation flow in a while. I wanted to go to the movie the secret life of pets for a while. Without saying it to anyone really. So a friend won free movie tickets and she is taking me to that movie! Awesome!
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:29 pm

I FIXED MY INTERNET!!!!!!!!

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Today, I ran into the professor I thought it would be cool to talk to. I've never spoken to him in my life except during discussions after my papers at conferences and we've never been formally introduced. But he immediately recognised and remembered me and says we should meet and talk while I'm here in Oxford, and now he's following me on academic networking sites and everything. starry I don't know if our meeting will really work out as he's away next week but it's incredible that we finally talked properly. Very Happy

Also, a few weeks ago I PMed @Luney a link to this watch

because I find it cute - to me this is the Amelia Earhart watch, the wanderlust watch (not that I'd wear it often). But as I told Luney, it was too expensive for me to buy...

And now it came up in my IG feed from my favourite quotes account -- they have a special offer on it, it's free, you just have to pay shipping! So, I bought one. Very Happy

Now I just have to get all my work finished. Very tired Still waiting

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:16 pm

That's so awesome! I am happy for you!

I have spend a quiet day at the beach. I think I am really tanned right now Wink
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:57 pm

I've been very lucky in September. I was invited to tea by an Oxford professor in the secret rooms of his college; I also ended up travelling for a number of hours with one of my favourite actors.

Today I've been very lucky because I've found a rare translation that I needed desperately for my work. Thank goodness! I'm so relieved I can't even begin to say.
Evie
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Yay @Evie so happy for you

So I have manifested something quite awesome. The Chinese side of the family has a long history and it's all officially documented in some kind of book. My father brought one of these books back home and it's suppose to be for my brother. In Chinese culture only men matter to when it comes to inhered stuff we girls don't count. My brother however doesn't read a single word of Chinese so he can't read the book and I felt at that time it belongs to me because I am the only kid at home interested in Chinese culture and able to read it. Anyways we've got into an argument about it 2 years ago because it felt unfair to me. Fast forward ... My dad went to home 2 weeks ago and against all odds he managed to get me a copy! Isn't that great. It's something I never thought I would manifest ... Ever
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:58 am

^Wow, I'm very happy for you LMS. I love history and I always hold on to those kinds of books as it were precious gems. My uncle gave me a hardcover edition of the Earth and Its Peoples when I was a little kid and it's probably the only college textbook I've read more than 30 pages of lol. I hate it when people decide you shouldn't be able to receive something awesome like that just because you're a boy or girl, especially when you have more of a passion for it, but thankfully it's yours now. After my grandma passed on I really wanted two books of hers: Ramayana and Mahabharata, the Indian mythological epics of gods and heroes. We were very close and since I was the only one in the family interested in Hindu mythology, I could talk about it with her, but after she passed away her other kids raided all of her stuff, even though my family was the one that took care of her and they didn't. I know I could just buy those books on Amazon, but it's nice to have a family gem to carry on. Well, at least I have the little fire truck she bought me and you have your book. Smile
President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Thank you PR. It's pretty stupid isn't it. In Chinese culture men are privileged. I so not agree but well my parents are pretty strict about it. In the book the whole genealogy of my family is written, it's unique and especially published by my family in China. My dad actually told me today that one of his reasons to go home is to get a hold of another book for me. Like you point out PR it's about the emotional value of these things. something that felt impossible became possible for me. I think I had higher hopes for winning a million than getting this!
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:01 pm

It's still cool though. Smile I remember in world history class I loved reading about the Song dynasty, the era of the warring states, Genghis and Kublai Khan, and the rise of Confucianism and Taoism. My teacher was a bit scared to teach Taoism because she thought it might inspire us not to pay attention in class or do our homework lol. My family is Indian, but there is speculation and rumor that I may have a little European from my mother's side and Chinese from my Dad's side, although I'm skeptical of both. His family is said to come from Nepal, so maybe that's where the Chinese-like features of his grandparents come from. My Mom has this recurring joke. My Dad always likes to put our snacks in bags and he ties them up in tight knots that are really hard to undo. And whenever we order Chinese food, we get it in bags that are tied in impossible knots that only my Dad can untie. When that happens, my Mom goes "You see! I told you! You're Dad has Chinese in him! They all love to tie everything up in these impossible knots!" laugh
President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:59 pm

That's great PR ... in the end we are all a bit Chinese ... lol I'm just kidding Wink I didn't know you have Indian roots. That's great! Have you ever been to India?

There are many things in Taoism that resonate with me. Actually I have a tattoo of laozi. I am a Sinologist so I have to study this stuff and it's pretty interesting. Although when I studied it, I had to learn everything in Chinese so my mind never translated everything really profoundly, like in a way I understand it now. Reading characters is so different. But these sayings are so beautiful ... the way they sound... alright this is totally of topic lol
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:52 pm

No, I've never been to India. My family is actually from Guyana in South America, their ancestors were taken from India to Guyana by the British more than 200 years ago. The British told them that they needed help finding gold in El Dorado, some kind of lost city of gold, but they ended up becoming farmers instead. We even have Chinese over there and they make really good fried rice. As for Taoism, sadly I've forgotten so much about it. I do remember my teacher once asked me a question in my survey literature class and I told her "He who knows does not speak, he who speaks does not know," but of course she found out soon enough that I didn't do my homework so of course I didn't know the answer lol.
President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Lol PR should keep that one in mind haha.
What a coincidence. I have Chinese relatives in French Guyana and Suriname. Not Guyana. I have never been there thought, although I think it is worth the visit. So many places to visit so little time. I was thinking about reading more about Taoism because it's really interesting and I have forgotten so much!
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lilac on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:04 pm

I was researching some ideas for my masters project, we have to come up with an idea that is related to a research theme that a lecturer at the university works on. I found a guy who does some cool conservation studies, and one of his work sites is in the Caribbean. I joked to my friend 'oh imagine doing my project there!'

A few days later I got an e-mail sent to our class saying there's a research opportunity on his project in the Cayman Islands and to respond for a meeting if we are interested Shocked Life is definitely funny sometimes!

lilac
Twinkling
Twinkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:45 am

That's amazing Lilac!! I am still hoping to hear how your Costa Rica trip went and how LMS's Brazil trip went What a Face

I spent the day with my in laws and had some delicious stuffed crabs for dinner. The autumn is in the air for sure, but it's still about 28C and sunny, not sure why, but there are butterflies eeeeeverywhere, tons of them!

We took the kids to the fishing pier and saw large dark patches in water, assuming they were seaweed. On a closer look they turned out to be millions and millions of fish affraid
Never mind my shaky filming skills ...cough.. and my MIL, she's Korean, she gets excited easily about the simplest things lol.

Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lilac on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:52 pm

@Luney wrote:That's amazing Lilac!! I am still hoping to hear how your Costa Rica trip went and how LMS's Brazil trip went What a Face

I will definitely get round to writing a post about it! Unfortunately my memory card malfunctioned and I lost 90% of my photos Rolling Eyes but I have a few still of the turtles and monkeys, jungle and some of the research stuff we did Smile

Awww that video I love you being by the ocean is my absolute favourite!

lilac
Twinkling
Twinkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:35 pm

I went for a run today and a German Shepherd was staring at me and wanted to lick me lol.
President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lilac on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:30 pm

@President Roosevelt wrote:I went for a run today and a German Shepherd was staring at me and wanted to lick me lol.

So weird, I met some German Shepherd puppies! How cute  Embarassed  

lilac
Twinkling
Twinkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:31 pm

Oh no Lilac, I would be heartbroken if I lost any of my travel photos Sad

Actually if you were to pause the video at 2:17, the white building in the middle is the Sea turtle conservation center, maybe your next project after the Caribbean could be here Wink
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top