I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Shine's Genie
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:10 pm

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 pm

» Inspirational Quotes
by Evie Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:08 am

» 6 Tips on How to Improve your Self-Esteem
by Night Eyes Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm

» Question time.
by Night Eyes Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:17 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by Night Eyes Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:55 pm

» Krishnamurti quotes
by Evie Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:36 am

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:51 am

» Stay Positive with Sparkle
by Night Eyes Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:39 pm

» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 am

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 am

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
Evie

LittlemissSunshine

Night Eyes

Gallery

What Good Things Happened to You Today?

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Good Things Happened to You Today?

Post by Evie on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:36 pm

That's wonderful news, drm0! Everything is working out for you and you're on the way to fulfilling your dreams. Smile

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:58 am

It seems that I forgot to say that by "here" I mean my hometown and that's why I'm so happy. Smile

All the pitfalls of going to Sweden (finding accommodation, taking a language test etc) are gome now. Very Happy

drm0
Shimmering
Shimmering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:40 pm

I manifested an essay today. I'm not so good at chemistry and I have to get another grade until the end of the month.

I was talking to a classmate and I said: "Hey, it'd be cool if the teacher asked us to do an essay and deliver it until the next Monday (because there's a holiday next Tuesday).

The teacher walks in class and she says: "You have to do an essay until 31.01", but after a few minutes she changed the date to the next Monday. Smile

That's unusual because she's never asked our class to do an essay so far.

drm0
Shimmering
Shimmering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:29 pm

That's great! Way to go!
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:06 pm

my friend and our kids all got to go and see the new Beauty and the Beast Movie. I'm not a massive Disney fan but awww this film was sooooo good I loved it, I even got all emotional hehe.

Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:13 am

I really want to see that, Night!! I'm so glad you liked it. I also loved the live-action Cinderella, as you probably remember. Wink I've never been very much into Disney (and never saw the original Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast), but I think they are doing a wonderful job with these remakes. The fact that Cinderella was directed by one of my favourite directors of all time, Kenneth Branagh, helps, of course. Wink

And with Beauty and the Beast...   well, I have a feeling I won't be chuffed about all the singing in it, but at the same time I have to say I was very pleased to find (from one of those clips) that Emma Watson can sing so well. The New Yorker review I read pointed out that she doesn't have, well, "oomph" in her singing... but as someone who sees the singing in films as an extra rather than the core, I think her sweet singing is lovely. It doesn't need oomph, it's not opera. Razz

Anyway, I totally digress. Lately I have been loving Emma Watson more and more; she is a famous girl that I can say hand to heart that I truly admire. I also adore Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey!!), and from the clips I've seen he makes a perfect beast (though I wish he wasn't hidden under all that fur for most of the movie Razz ). All the cast are amazing. I can't wait to see it!

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:53 am

Evie in all honesty when the film started I was a bit oh my god they're singing in it!!!! I thought it was going to spoil it the lot... but in all fairness it was brilliant, her voice is lovely, no it's not strong but it's suited to the role and the songs and music just added to the 'Disney Magic'.

You may not like my next comment, I was rather disappointed when beast changed into the Prince, I prefered him as the beast... sorry Sad .... Gaston was much more my type.

Although my favourite Character was definitely Lumierre Smile

p.s if you're an Emma Watson fan, I suggest a film called 'The Colony' it's not for the over sensitive though as it's based on a true story and some parts are pretty upsetting, but her acting is really good, she played her part really well, a far cry from Hermione Granger!
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Yes, I also generally dislike songs in films, it just seems to halt the action and it's obviously not my kind of music...   but I'm glad you found it added to the magic!

Haha I wouldn't expect us to have the same tastes. Wink To be fair, from the stills I've seen, Dan Stevens' costume doesn't suit him one bit, it just makes him look all sort of powdery and wiggy and twenty years older. Rolling Eyes I am not necessarily saying his my type in any case but I think he's extremely attractive usually, and oh that voice! He can be extraordinarily intense and smouldery.

Oh yes, I've heard of Colonia and seen clips, Emma Watson does seem very good in it. Smile I do think the whole movie would be a bit too tough for me, though.

P.S. Speaking of Ewan McGregor, have you ever seen Down With Love? It's not really my type of movie (um, at all, apart from the fact that it's set in the 60s), but it is light and frothy and outrageously camp, and sometimes has some very funny situations -- and well, Renée Zellweger and Ewan McGregor work really well together. Mostly, I love McGregor's "astronaut" act Very Happy

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Lol I thought i'd got the name of the film wrong then calling it The Colony, but on a google search it seems to go by both names... strange! laugh

I think I may have seen down with love, but a while ago so I don't remember much about it.

Dan Stephens seems to look more attractive in things that aren't Beauty and the Beast related.
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:28 pm

I googled it too, because I remembered the name as Colonia, and also found the names are interchangeable.

I only saw Down With Love on the plane once... somehow found it memorable, though!

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:18 pm

I still haven't seen Beauty and the Beast, but I came across this on YouTube and ... well he's married and I think she is meant to have a boyfriend, so I'm not endorsing the "shipping" aspect of the vid--to me it seems like they really just have an awesome chemistry as friends--but man, I challenge anyone to watch this video and tell me he isn't a sexy beast Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
(sorry. I couldn't help myself.)

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:16 am

Considering I love long hair I do think it was that which made him unattractive in the film he looks much better with short hair (I must be getting old :/)

This video is funny it has some of the real actors in it.. hilarious

Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:08 pm

Back last year I bought 2 pairs of black shoes, for my daughter to choose from for school, I kept the pair she didn't want as I liked them myself, but a month or so back she pinched them off me as she'd ruined hers, when I bought them they were about £12, not too expensive but I didn't want to go back out and buy them again.

I popped in the shop today to see if I could get some cheap shoes for an event next week and they had them there in the sale, they were marked as £6, but when I went to pay they were £3 so I was well happy Very Happy
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:14 am

Nice, Night! Smile

So many good things have been happening recently, I can barely keep up...
In the last week:

- Materials for a work project I've been commissioned to do for a top academic journal sent by my editor have got through safely and are all shiny and exciting Very Happy

- I've unexpectedly received yet another work project, so though it will be stressful and I am becoming overloaded, $$$ incoming - which I need

- really, really sweet messages from a senior colleague whom I respect greatly and who is considered in the top 1% in our field

- written correspondence under doors with a lovely new friend I love you

- nice unexpected message from another friend/colleague

- brief chat with some old, dear friends, and plans to (hopefully) see them and read through plays in the Australian summer

- long rambling walk, pub dinner, and afternoon tea with another old friend

- invitation to help celebrate a wedding in CA! even though I don't know if I will be able to make it

- dinner with colleagues/friends planned for tomorrow

I'm pretty lucky I love you
Though reality check: have also been having repeated stress meltdowns!

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Oh my goodness. A very very very strong wish I had that I thought wouldn't happen --- the very best outcome possible!! Just found out now. Too happy for words. Thank you, universe, thank you so much!

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:29 pm

That's so fantastically evie I'm very happy for you!

Many good things happened to me too. I have put 100 wishes in a wish jar to manifest in a 100 days. After the 100 days 38 wishes came true! Which is great right? I mean sometimes it take so months only to manifest one thing. They were big things too, like trips and money! Happiness!
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

I hope all the other wishes in your jar come true fast as well, LMS! That's so amazing. I love you I love you I love you

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Yesterday, I carried the cutest little gecko out of the bathroom. They can be almost impossible to catch, but somehow I cornered it and, after a pause, it decided to trust me enough to climb onto my hand. In the end, I was worried about putting it outside, because what if it got eaten by a snake or something? So I just put it in the lounge room; it can easily find its way out if it wants to, but maybe it's safer being a house gecko for the moment.

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 pm

That's awesome evie Smile

3 months ago I made a wish in a church in Sofia.
A tour guide told me about the church. Told me people go there to do wishes and he said all the wishes he did came true.
I'm a sucker for these things so after the tour I immediately went to the church to do my wish. I didn't wish anything small. It was a big thing. I asked to bring me my wish within three months. Two days before the 3 month term would pass my wish came true and it was all I wanted! Smile
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top