» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

» The Giggle Thread
by Luney Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:10 am

» News Gossip Thread
by Luney Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:23 pm

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Night Eyes Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:16 am

» Waking up in the middle of the night
by Night Eyes Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:05 pm

» Today I Manifested
by LittlemissSunshine Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:16 pm

» Positive Inspiration
by Evie Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:47 am

» Five Practices for Nurturing Happiness
by Evie Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:40 am

» Learning Passion
by Night Eyes Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:37 am

» Stress in the modern world
by Night Eyes Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:26 am

July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
Night Eyes

Evie

President Roosevelt

LittlemissSunshine

Gallery

What Good Things Happened to You Today?

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Good Things Happened to You Today?

Post by Evie on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:36 pm

That's wonderful news, drm0! Everything is working out for you and you're on the way to fulfilling your dreams. Smile

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:58 am

It seems that I forgot to say that by "here" I mean my hometown and that's why I'm so happy. Smile

All the pitfalls of going to Sweden (finding accommodation, taking a language test etc) are gome now. Very Happy

drm0
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:40 pm

I manifested an essay today. I'm not so good at chemistry and I have to get another grade until the end of the month.

I was talking to a classmate and I said: "Hey, it'd be cool if the teacher asked us to do an essay and deliver it until the next Monday (because there's a holiday next Tuesday).

The teacher walks in class and she says: "You have to do an essay until 31.01", but after a few minutes she changed the date to the next Monday. Smile

That's unusual because she's never asked our class to do an essay so far.

drm0
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:29 pm

That's great! Way to go!
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:06 pm

my friend and our kids all got to go and see the new Beauty and the Beast Movie. I'm not a massive Disney fan but awww this film was sooooo good I loved it, I even got all emotional hehe.

Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:13 am

I really want to see that, Night!! I'm so glad you liked it. I also loved the live-action Cinderella, as you probably remember. Wink I've never been very much into Disney (and never saw the original Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast), but I think they are doing a wonderful job with these remakes. The fact that Cinderella was directed by one of my favourite directors of all time, Kenneth Branagh, helps, of course. Wink

And with Beauty and the Beast...   well, I have a feeling I won't be chuffed about all the singing in it, but at the same time I have to say I was very pleased to find (from one of those clips) that Emma Watson can sing so well. The New Yorker review I read pointed out that she doesn't have, well, "oomph" in her singing... but as someone who sees the singing in films as an extra rather than the core, I think her sweet singing is lovely. It doesn't need oomph, it's not opera. Razz

Anyway, I totally digress. Lately I have been loving Emma Watson more and more; she is a famous girl that I can say hand to heart that I truly admire. I also adore Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey!!), and from the clips I've seen he makes a perfect beast (though I wish he wasn't hidden under all that fur for most of the movie Razz ). All the cast are amazing. I can't wait to see it!

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:53 am

Evie in all honesty when the film started I was a bit oh my god they're singing in it!!!! I thought it was going to spoil it the lot... but in all fairness it was brilliant, her voice is lovely, no it's not strong but it's suited to the role and the songs and music just added to the 'Disney Magic'.

You may not like my next comment, I was rather disappointed when beast changed into the Prince, I prefered him as the beast... sorry Sad .... Gaston was much more my type.

Although my favourite Character was definitely Lumierre Smile

p.s if you're an Emma Watson fan, I suggest a film called 'The Colony' it's not for the over sensitive though as it's based on a true story and some parts are pretty upsetting, but her acting is really good, she played her part really well, a far cry from Hermione Granger!
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Yes, I also generally dislike songs in films, it just seems to halt the action and it's obviously not my kind of music...   but I'm glad you found it added to the magic!

Haha I wouldn't expect us to have the same tastes. Wink To be fair, from the stills I've seen, Dan Stevens' costume doesn't suit him one bit, it just makes him look all sort of powdery and wiggy and twenty years older. Rolling Eyes I am not necessarily saying his my type in any case but I think he's extremely attractive usually, and oh that voice! He can be extraordinarily intense and smouldery.

Oh yes, I've heard of Colonia and seen clips, Emma Watson does seem very good in it. Smile I do think the whole movie would be a bit too tough for me, though.

P.S. Speaking of Ewan McGregor, have you ever seen Down With Love? It's not really my type of movie (um, at all, apart from the fact that it's set in the 60s), but it is light and frothy and outrageously camp, and sometimes has some very funny situations -- and well, Renée Zellweger and Ewan McGregor work really well together. Mostly, I love McGregor's "astronaut" act Very Happy

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Lol I thought i'd got the name of the film wrong then calling it The Colony, but on a google search it seems to go by both names... strange! laugh

I think I may have seen down with love, but a while ago so I don't remember much about it.

Dan Stephens seems to look more attractive in things that aren't Beauty and the Beast related.
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:28 pm

I googled it too, because I remembered the name as Colonia, and also found the names are interchangeable.

I only saw Down With Love on the plane once... somehow found it memorable, though!

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:18 pm

I still haven't seen Beauty and the Beast, but I came across this on YouTube and ... well he's married and I think she is meant to have a boyfriend, so I'm not endorsing the "shipping" aspect of the vid--to me it seems like they really just have an awesome chemistry as friends--but man, I challenge anyone to watch this video and tell me he isn't a sexy beast Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
(sorry. I couldn't help myself.)

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:16 am

Considering I love long hair I do think it was that which made him unattractive in the film he looks much better with short hair (I must be getting old :/)

This video is funny it has some of the real actors in it.. hilarious

Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top