» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:34 am

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:44 am

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:46 am

» Question time.
by Luney Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:17 pm

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:24 am

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:15 am

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:27 am

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:36 am

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:10 am

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:06 pm

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 pm

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:06 am

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Sun May 07, 2017 6:39 pm

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful

View previous topic View next topic Go down

13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful

Post by Evie on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:12 am

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful

Post by Luney on Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:56 pm

I think I will never be successful Laughing Every time I see one of the articles in style of "Habits of highly successful people" I just think there's no way I will have that drive and energy to keep doing it every day.
I watched some videos of successful internet entrepreneurs on Youtube the other day talking about their daily rituals, all going along the lines of "First I meditate for half an hour, then I run through my gratitude list, then I will go through my long list of goals and ask myself what can I do today to improve, then I do half an hour yoga, then...." and I just think "They clearly do not have kids". Yet, I'm sure even if they did have kids they'd do better than me.
Some days I feel like all ready to go for it and be all motivated, but most of the time I just can't be bothered Shruggy smiley

Another good article I saw today , clearly too much of #3 for me lately Rolling Eyes
https://brightside.me/wonder-curiosities/9-things-youll-regret-in-10-years-354660/?utm_source=fb_rd16ce11f9955&utm_campaign=BS_week28-29_EUR_US&utm_medium=cpm
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:23 am

Who say's you aren't already successful Luney?

You've accomplished so much already Smile
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:59 am

Lol, Luney. I guess they never have those days when you wake up, roll over and try to sneak in just 15 minutes more sleep and then when you finally manage to drag yourself out of bed you chug a red bull and then putz around on the internet til it kicks in. Laughing I guess they never have those "I'm just gonna eat microwave popcorn for lunch cuz I don't feel like cooking" days either. Razz

I don't think we have to measure up to those standards to be "successful". We can be a success even if you don't check off all of the items of some impossible list. Especially if you have kids you can just ask yourself, "Did I do the best I could today?" Are your kids happy and kind? Your kids aren't gonna look back and say "My mom was a perfect mom, she did yoga and drank 2 liters of water every day." They are gonna measure how well you did by how loved and secure they felt and you don't have to do all of that stuff for them to feel that.

I think we can be a success if we manage to find happiness and treat others well even if we live modestly and don't have all of those outer symbols of "success".

kazoo
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:08 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Thank you kazoo, you are so right. As they say "If at first you don't succeed, redefine success".

I think it's the society these days that expects you to be perfect in every area of your life. My brother-in-law's wife is like that. She barely sleeps, is up at the crack of dawn every day, works a high $$$ government job, has to make a lot of money, have the biggest fanciest house which is spotless of course, perfect kids, she spends hours in the gym daily, always looks immaculate - designer clothes, nice make up-
always takes courses in multiple topics getting diploma after diploma and has turned super religious the past few years, so also doing a lot of community pillar sort of work. She's a perfect cook, perfect mom, perfect wife and probably never satisfied with anything she does. Basically I feel like she must have endless energy or is secretly really burned out Shruggy smiley
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:10 am

Ah what an interesting discussion. I will be back. Cool Wanted to say that I think Luney already is successful, but Night beat me to it, and then things got rolling. Yay. Very Happy

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:42 am

I know the type you are talking about Luney, and it is hard not to compare ourselves to them.

I think there are a few things to remember tho:

Those people do not do it alone. They have nannies, housekeepers, people to maintain their yards etc. So don't compare yourself to what a team of people do.

Sometimes things aren't what they seem from the outside. I've seen those "perfect" people be way in over their heads in debt trying to maintain that perfect image. Or how often do we hear about those "perfect" families dealing with a member who has a drug addiction or an eating disorder or whatever? I'm not judging because even parents who do everything "right" can still have kids with problems but it's a reminder that there really is no such thing as "perfect" regardless of how it appears from the outside.

At the end of the day it comes down to personal choices and doing what is right for us. Everyone has different priorities and that's fine. Again, I'm not gonna judge anyone else's decisions but I'd much rather have a mom who spent time with me than a mom who kept chasing the next status symbol. As you say, it seems those people are never satisfied with their accomplishments anyway. So why spend so much time chasing after them when you still feel like it's not enough and you need to keep adding yet another accomplishment to the pile? Remember that those things don't necessarily mean someone is happy. And if what you are doing doesn't make you happy what's the point?
kazoo
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:45 am

Social media can leave people really feeling like they just don't measure up Neutral

I just happened to find this article that relates to what we've been discussing:

Interiors blogger reveals what fans DON'T see in her snaps of her picture perfect home – from a vomit stain on the rug to school bags left in the hall
Interiors blogger Lisa Dawson lives with her family in a Georgian house in York
She has won thousands of followers with images of her picture perfect home
But the mother-of-three has revealed the Instagram images are not real life
Admitted each stunning photo is carefully crafted to show a version of herself

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4744098/Instagram-star-reveals-s-really-like-home.html
kazoo
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:44 am

Yeah social media can be a nightmare, it's always a competition as to who is the happiest, funnest, most loved, adventurous blah blah

I can't be bothered with a lot of it anymore, my theory is the more you show off on fb the more miserable you are really lol
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top