» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

» Question time.
by Luney Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 am

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 am

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 am

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

Learning to Trust the Universe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Learning to Trust the Universe

Post by Evie on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:44 am

Something I have been thinking about a lot lately is developing trust in life/the universe. Trusting that everything is taken care of and that even if sometimes things don't seem to go your way, that is just one step on the path and everything is working out in the best way possible. Looking back, it is easy to see these patterns - this didn't go the way I wanted it to, and looked negative on the surface, but it actually led to that. Sometimes things you really want may not work out one way, but later blossom in another way, after you have received valuable life lessons and have grown.
Thoughts? How do we develop faith that everything that happens is happening for a reason, and surrender to the flow of life, knowing it's all taken care of?

"Follow the signs along the path with trust and without doubts" - Paulo Coelho

https://imprific.com/budkowski/signs-from-the-universe/

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2014/01/5-lessons-in-trusting-the-universe/

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-18264/what-it-means-to-trust-the-universe-why-you-should.html

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Learning to Trust the Universe

Post by Night Eyes on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 pm

I often think of this, more in the sense of, I wonder what life would be like if things had happened differently, did everything bad happen for a reason to bring me to where I am now? would I be a different person if things had been different... where would I be what would I be doing.

I guess we have to trust that everything is as it should be even if it doesn't feel very nice
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:11 pm

My mum always told me this story:

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:20 pm

Yep, we just never know what the consequences will be do we, we just have to go with the flow and trust.
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:34 pm

I think it's like Rupert Spira said that you just have to accept the uncertainty of everything and make peace with it. The fact is that we can't protect ourselves from everything, we all will die one day, our loved ones will all die one day, there will be plenty of heartache ahead. There is a long list of horrible things and misfortunes that may hit any of us at any time and the only way to trust the universe for me is just not think about it and hope for the best.

I also often think about how life would be different if past was different, especially if my family members were still with us. It may have been for the better, I can say that it may have been harder for us if my mom was far away and missing us, maybe she is closer to me and her grandkids now than she could have ever been, I just don't perceive it.

Although when you speak about trust, I feel like it comes more from a fear that some things may not happen, not that they will happen hmmm
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Luney wrote:
Although when you speak about trust, I feel like it comes more from a fear that some things may not happen, not that they will happen hmmm

laugh Spot on, you know me way too well. The thing is I am such a pessimist. If things seem in any small way to be going badly, then I think the worst. If, on the contrary, things appear to be going extraordinarily well, then I get suspicious, and wonder what the catch is - how long it's going to last. Laughing  I can be extraordinarily skeptical - even my dad recently said in mock-shock, "How did I bring you up to be so cynical?" haha. Of course, things do usually turn out well, way and above what I expected. But sometimes I think that my life would be so much more painless if I just trusted in the first place that it would all be alright.

What Rupert Spira says is certainly gold. Accepting every outcome, being ok with the worst, I think is a very important philosophy to have. At the same time, focusing too much on so-called "bad" outcomes is sometimes more detrimental than it is useful.
But yes, accepting impermanence - that is something Thich Nhat Hanh says as well. Alan Watts says accepting impermanence is the key to feeling weightless on earth.

(on this topic: from about 2:00 mark onwards)

I still have more to add - on this and on good vs. bad - but I'm extremely tired and, guess what, I have deadlines hanging over me........

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:40 am

It's kinda funny that I look at my cousin and I worry about her, but when I look at you and Nighty I never doubt that you will get your desires. If I would stop and think about it for a while asking "Are you sure? What if they won't", the voice in my head would say automatically "Pfffft, nahhh... that's just impossible".
It's just curious how a 3rd person's perspective can clearly see how lovable, talented and amazing you are and how really, you should just enjoy the life before things change and you'll be busy with your new lives all the time Wink  

But then again I think that I have similar fears, just in different areas.
Bashar says the only way to miss the appointment is to be constantly worried about missing the appointment, so I guess we should just let go and let God as they say Shruggy smiley
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:12 am

I wonder if maybe you are less sure about the future well-being of your cousin because she is simply closer to home, so you can see the fact that she will have a good life less clearly? It's just a thought - sometimes when we care extra, extra hard about something, it clouds our judgement. Looking from a greater distance, I'm sure your cousin's life will be a beautiful one. I love you I love you I love you

In general, I guess I trust that life will bring me what I need and that all will be well, one way or another, though obviously some tragedies are simply unavoidable. Sad
I also trust, very comfortably, that Nighty, LMS, PR, kazoo, drm0, and Strawberry have bright futures. Star I have most trouble trusting about the particulars of my life, i.e. I am always "zoomed in" and fretting. For instance - oh god did I write this email the right way? laugh This friendship has been going so perfectly, but what if they now feel like they will never get rid of me and feel annoyed?? Suspect - Have I sabotaged this thing somehow, meaning that the future is ruined? Shruggy smiley

There are some big, big things that I want, and they so often seem to work out that I'm amazed, but even if they do, I still worry about the next thing. Only when I am attached to the (very specific, timed-in-a-certain-way) outcome, mind....and that is probably my problem.

Letting go....that is a big - sometimes scary - thing. Very Happy But isn't it the very essence of what trusting the universe is all about?

Last edited by Evie on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

It's always easy to see others and know they're going to have amazing futures I guess, I feel the same for you guys, I think it's because we're not as attached to each others outcomes or in each others heads as much so we can be objective.

I think though it's a lot harder for us when thinking about our own lives and futures, or those of our family purely because our emotions cloud our judgments and we have more negatives to be aware of.

It's a bit like 'The Grass is always greener' kinda thing.
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top