» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

» Question time.
by Luney Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 am

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 am

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 am

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

January Blues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

January Blues

Post by Night Eyes on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Does anyone get these? when all the fun and excitment is over and its back to the same old routine?  lets not forget Blue Monday which is apparently the 16th of January this year.

I dont get a massive state of the January Blues but I always feel a bit low because christmas is when i get to see and spend time with family and then they're gone and you get used to having everyone home and doing fun things and its quickly back to doing nothing (exciting) again.

Here's an article on how to help beat them blues

http://www.danroberts.com/blog/how-to-beat-the-january-blues

Maybe we could all come up with some ideas on how to help ourselves with this Smile
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: January Blues

Post by Luney on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:26 pm

I don't remember ever getting them, maybe when I was younger then just general hatred of cold dark weather, but I don't have any blues this year.
I have just swapped my nocturnal lifestyle for a daytime schedule, so I'm basking in the sunshine right now (even though the temperature dropped yesterday and it's below freezing outside for the next 2 days before it gets back to 70s again).
I think to beat the blues you need to make sure you get your vitamins and make the most of the season- warm bubble baths, cozy evenings wrapped in a blanket with a good book, listening to your favorite music, making scrapbooks with all your old photos... hugs
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:50 pm

ohh sounds lovely Luney.

I've always been ok with the Cold and Dark weather, I find it pretty cosy, and being a tad anti social it allows me to just curl up on the sofa under mountains of blankets.

I think for me it's not even that I'm a massive fan of Christmas, I do like it and what not, but I find it a stress in itself, but I do love the social aspect, seeing my family and friends, nice food and pretty lights, and maybe I miss that when its gone and feel a bit lonely for a week or so after.

It's not been to bad for me this year as i've had so much to focus on, with college and work placements i've been pretty distracted so maybe thats a good tip, keep yourself distracted or find something to focus on so you don't notice Smile
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:04 pm

My brother and I have this joke where we want to wake up after Christmas day and realize it's May because all the months in between are so dreary, cold, full of ice and shoveling.

But then that begs the question...why do we put up with November and December's cold, ice and shoveling? Because in those months, the cold is still a novelty and fits the festiveness of the season, we still have Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward to...food, family, gifts, entertainment, all the lights, lots of holiday cheer...

All of that disappears between January - April. The skies are gray, it's very cold, work takes center stage again, if you're not coupled up then you'll feel alone on V-Day, if you're not into drinking than you'll feel left out on St. Patty's day, and all you have to look forward to is the spring time when the good stuff comes out...which is four months away...a long wait.

Looking back, I think the best way to deal with the winter blues is to find things to look forward to, things that keep you going. In grade school, we often had a few field trips to plays at Steppenwolf, and although the plays were....very weird...we all looked forward to it because it meant we got to skip classes, procrastinate on homework, and hang out with friends. I think we underestimate how important it is to spend time with family and friends, to be really present with them in person, and not just texting or emailing them.  I think that makes a difference.

Some of my fondest memories of the winter months were of hanging out in the kitchen with my family every Saturday evening, when me, my brother, and my dad got a pizza on Friday evenings and watched That 70s Show together, or how my friends and I would joke around on our biology lab reports. I did alright in school and yet my best memories of the winter months have nothing to do with my accomplishments, what I always remember the most is the people I spent time with. In the winter months, we usually like to think about how awesome spring will be but spring weather is 100 days away and can seem far away, so it's easier to take it one week at a time, looking forward to all the family time on Friday and Saturday.

Winter months also require us to bulk up the nutrition since we're not getting as much Vitamin D from the sun and cold weather can stress us out. As a result, we feel drained of energy. I think I combated that really well by having a slice of pepperoni pizza, a chicken sandwich, and a Greek salad every Friday Razz.

Apart from being active and taking care of your body and nutrition, you also have to find meaning in your life, do the things that fulfill you. It's very easy to get caught up in homework, bills, and family responsibilities but then we forget what we need to energize our own soul. Lucky for me, I have my writing, but we all have to find that something extra that connects us to a sense of inner awe.
President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Honestly I was happy to leave 2016 behind Wink! Gosh it's been quite a year, so 2017 has a waaaaaaay better vibe to me. (Even though it started of a bit challenging) anyways I have decided to dedicate this month focusing on all my desires and then letting them go to see what happens this year. Good is coming my way! * claps hands. So no January blues here, but I noticed all my friends were a bit bothered, staying in doors and such. Usually by the time it's march I'm really done with winter!
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top