» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

» Question time.
by Luney Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 am

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 am

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 am

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

Let's Give Thanks...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's Give Thanks...

Post by kazoo on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Tomorrow we celebrate Thanksgiving here in the US. It shouldn't take a national holiday for us to remember to give thanks for all we have been given but it's a great reminder.

So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for:

~All of you lovely folks. I know we all get busy and don't always get to check in as frequently as we'd like but I'm very grateful for all of you and this inspirational forum. You've all been able to provide support and wisdom as well as a lot of laughs along the way and that's a beautiful thing.

~ The amazing people I have in my life. Holidays can be tough for a lot of people. Not everyone has a family, or they may have strained relationships that can make holidays more stressful than festive. So I am grateful that overall my family is pretty darn cool and I have amazing friends and the most wonderful-beyond-words sweetheart any girl could ever ask for.

I have to admit like a lot of people sometimes I get more focused on what I don't have than all of the blessings I've been given. We live in a world where it's easy to get caught up in materialism and consumerism. So I want to take a moment to be grateful that I live in a comfortable, safe place surrounded by things I love. Not everyone has that so I shouldn't take it for granted.

So Happy Thanksgiving to those who will be celebrating tomorrow and for those who (technically) aren't you are with us in spirit!!
kazoo
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's Give Thanks...

Post by Evie on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Thank you for the wise post, kazoo. Although we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, I was just thinking today of abundance vs. scarcity mindsets. I'm afraid I often slip into the latter. And focusing on our blessings rather than what we don't have is a great way of getting back to realising the abundance. Heart

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm grateful for you all as well. Smile

For all of us:

Evie
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:58 am

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

I have also been focusing a little bit too much on the lack the last couple of days, it's not that i'm not focusing on what I do have but I guess this time of year, with the run up to xmas its all about spend spend spend and it can be hard to ignore what you can or cant do. But i'm going to make the effort to focus on the good

I really do have a lot to be grateful for, I have a wonderful Healthy Happy family, lovely friends online and off. I have a fantastic work placement to look forward to and I am applying for far more paid jobs than I ever have. My kids School situation has finally worked out so thats all going ok.

I have some lovely family plans to look forward too, and my social life is better than it has been in years.

I'm getting a new Kitchen and Bathroom next year.

So there's so much for me to be truly thankfull for, life is abundant and wonderful Smile

sending out lots of love and gratitude x x
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:40 pm

So we don't celebrate thanksgiving in my country, but I am very grateful in general. I know I am blessed with so many great people around me and everything is flowing well.
So I try to be appreciative of things every day Smile
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:11 am

Great idea kazoo and good to see you again too Smile

I'm just getting used to celebrating Thanksgiving as well, this is my fourth year now.
Although lately I have been more attuned to gratitude in general and thinking of all the things to be grateful for.

I'm grateful for my healthy family, beautiful kids and loving husband.
I'm grateful for my healthy body, mind and spirit.
I'm grateful for my home, freedom, peace and having everything we need.
I'm grateful for my friends, this forum and all you wonderful people and my awesome family back at home, that are just a best family anyone could wish for.
I'm grateful for having been born in a time like now, I was just talking to my husband yesterday about how people even 100 years ago and beyond didn't have any of the luxuries we take for granted today
-you couldn't pick up a cell phone and connect to another person on the other side of the Earth.
-no tv, no internet, nowadays any question you have you can just Google it in seconds. You can make friends  all over the world, so a 100 years ago we here would have never met.
-I would have never met my husband since there wouldn't be such free and wide global traveling. I started to laugh, because I was thinking of the "selection" of men I would've had back in my village, since back then people married someone else in a village or nearby village, possibly arranged marriages as well. Back then your whole life was about work, farming and surviving from start to finish. You lived in your little bubble of the village and you'd never be able to travel or know anything beyond it.

I could go on and on, but  I think that'll do for now Razz

Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top