» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

» Question time.
by Luney Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 am

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 am

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 am

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

Feeling of being out of my hands

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feeling of being out of my hands

Post by lilac on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:06 pm

I feel like this question has been asked a lot, I have probably asked already Laughing but with LOA it's the thing that still baffles me.

I only discovered LOA in October and I've had some huge successes with my education and jobs and life is really amazing right now. That's the thing I love LOA for, it's helped me become positive and optimistic again which is something that I lost last year.

Anyhow. As I said I've managed to have successes, and these have been with things that I'm positive I can achieve. I'm really optimistic when it comes to academic/career - I think it's because they're things you can realistically work toward so it doesn't take much belief and there don't feel to be any blocks. So I've had success with these because I have the attitude of 'I will do well on this exam because I work hard and I'm good at/interested in this subject .. I'm qualified for this job so there's no reason I won't get it .. even if I don't get it, there's plenty of other jobs out there'.

So for me, I believe that having a this or better attitude works, and it works best when I think of it once and then stop focusing on it.

But what do you do when it's something that's hard not to think of often? I struggle with things that I feel are out of my control - the health of a relative is one current example. It's not as easy to just think of what I want the outcome to be and then never think of it again. It's harder to keep any negative thoughts at bay. My previous example of education/career being easy because it's something I can control/work towards doesn't seem as relevant as I don't feel like things such as health and illness IS in my control. I know that people say with LOA you can't think anything is too big or impossible to achieve, but how do you train your mind to this for things like illness?

I don't know if this is making sense.. but I'd love to hear your thoughts Smile

lilac
Twinkling
Twinkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feeling of being out of my hands

Post by President Roosevelt on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:43 pm

Sometimes I feel that way over negative thoughts of my own and it just feels really hard to let them go when the stuff going on in your life keeps reinforcing them. I feel like I'm a dog owner trying to raise a puppy but he won't listen when I tell him not to go here and there, he just runs off lol. What I do now to calm down those thoughts is to just picture the child in me expressing his thoughts and feelings. Just let them be and let them come out, no matter how dark or negative they are. And then you have to be the loving parent to the child, being present with the kid, just reminding him that you love him and that everything will be OK. After a few moments, it should feel better. And then when you feel calmer, just try to feel or be aware that this person can be healthier or have a happy life still. It's basically just letting it in and letting it out, the fear will pass, just love and comfort the voice inside of you that is scared and picture healing and unconditional love, let those feelings grow within. That's all I got but I bet everything will be OK Lilac.
President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lilac on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:30 pm

Thanks PR Smile

On the whole I'm feeling much more positive and optimistic than I have in a long time, and am really appreciating my life. [so cheesy Laughing ] I guess I just feel like there's certain things that I can't control, so I have no faith that I can create them the way I want to. Which is silly because I've read so many stories of people who have managed to believe and achieve what seems impossible.

Like I said with jobs, I feel 100% certain and optimistic that I will get there with the career that I want. I think it's because I can use action to get there.. But then some other things that I can't physically do anything about -- like the health of relatives, situations that involve another persons input etc., I have much less faith in.

I've managed to stay hopeful and optimistic in regards to the health of my relative. But I can just tell that it isn't the same strength of certainty/faith that I've had in other things that have worked out. Though I guess to optimism is one step towards it.

I'll definitely try your advice and when I'm feeling that the situation is something that I can't control, I'll try and say that it's okay to have that feeling, but there's nothing that makes this situation any less achievable than others.

What helps you guys keep the faith that you can achieve anything?

lilac
Twinkling
Twinkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glimmer on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:39 am

Glimmer
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lilac on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:06 pm

@Glimmer wrote:

These were totally what I needed today. I've saved them to my quotes board I love you

lilac
Twinkling
Twinkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top