» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:34 am

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:44 am

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:46 am

» Question time.
by Luney Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:17 pm

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:24 am

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:15 am

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:27 am

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:36 am

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:10 am

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:06 pm

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 pm

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:06 am

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Sun May 07, 2017 6:39 pm

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

How to deal with spiritual growth?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to deal with spiritual growth?

Post by roxychick on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:48 am

The past few months I have been through a lot of spiritual changes and growth as a person. Just the process of going through that, even some of the positive changes, can take a lot out of a person. I've changed so much and my relationships with people have also, but it can be scary sometimes when things change so much you don't recognize them anymore. And not knowing where it will lead to or how everything will turn out.

While some things have improved in my life, other things haven't and I am still waiting it to get better. And to understand the reason behind everything happening. This week I was really happy and felt I was finally getting to where I wanted, I started to feel down yesterday and spiraling downwards. Sometimes I am just so tired and drained, I can't fight anymore and feel like giving up. I really just want this transformation period to be over with soon. I don't know how to deal with it anymore

roxychick
Twinkling
Twinkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to deal with spiritual growth?

Post by Night Eyes on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:02 am

It seems like everyone is having a bit of a struggle lately, sorry you're feeling tired and drained Roxy i can relate to how you feel, changing your own thoughts and behaviour to grow and improve, whilst being a positive thing can also zap you a bit.

There's a lot of talk on here right now about finding a positive even when things are negative and i really do believe we should all try to do this, i'm definitely guilty of not appreciating the good and wonderful in my life lately and i should make more effort to be grateful and acknowlede what i do have even when things seem bleak.

Keep going i'm sure its all going to be worth it in the end, and make sure you give yourself a bit of rest and relaxation whilst all this is going on Smile
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:16 am

Hey Roxy! I know what you're feeling - or something very similar to it. These last couple of years, I've been getting more and more into spirituality, but it's only these last couple of weeks that have really shattered everything I ever thought I knew about the world.

Many would say this feeling of everything changing, everything falling away, is actually a very positive thing, however scary it might seem and however tiring it might be.

Adyashanti, for example:

Especially in this interview, he emphasises how nothing is as we believe it is:

Then there's this one, about depression and the spiritual dark night:

I know this period is difficult for you; it's difficult for any of us going through it. But I think it's so important not to resist it - not to resist the tiredness or the lack of energy or even the feeling of being scared. All of that is just part of the process.

When you say your relationships with others have changed - what do you mean exactly? Do you feel as if you relate to them differently, or that they treat you differently...?

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roxychick on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:49 am

The way I relate to them and feel about them. I have drifted away from most of the people in my life. Even though they are still in my life and I still love them, I just don't feel the same anymore. However, there are a couple people I have grown closer to.

I feel myself becoming more my own person...before I was never able to be myself. I let other people influence me too much. Even though they didn't directly tell me how to be or to live my life, everything they did and said influenced me. So much that I held myself back and never followed my own dreams and goals. And even if I started to, things people said or did would make me lose hope.

It was not when I started following my heart, that this started changing. But in order to achieve my desires, I had to start shedding away so many ideas and ways of thinking that didn't serve me anymore.

It's really been a long process, I am finally beginning to overcome this problem, but I still have relapses from time to time (like today.)

I'm just not sure what good will come out of this, I have seen some good things. But I don't know how drifting away from people will be beneficial to me. I mean even some of my family members I don't feel close to anymore. For awhile I even thought I would lose everyone in my life.

And I don't know where I am going, and what my life will be like. That's the worst part, I just don't know anymore. I feel so lost

roxychick
Twinkling
Twinkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:53 am

I know it's scary and maybe even painful, but I think what you describe is very positive. There is nothing left to cling on to --- and though your relationships have changed, I also think that doesn't mean you can't love people any more, or anything like that. Once this period of transition is over, I think you will keep relating to them differently, but it doesn't necessarily mean you will lose them - though I could be wrong.

The thing is, we are none of us separate. On a more fundamental level, you can never lose anyone. They are all you, and you are them, in so many different ways.

Uncertainty is scary, but remember --- right now, you are fine. Right now in the present moment, if you're wholly, 100% there, worries and anxieties don't exist. I think mindfulness solves a multitude of ills. You can say to yourself, "I am doing this"...   You probably know all this already, but even if we know about mindfulness and meditation, I think it's so easy to - well, forget. Smile

Also - though uncertainty is scary, it is really the quality of being alive. Everything changes, always. Nothing remains the same. If we think it does, we're kidding ourselves. Life means being "continually thrown out of the nest", according to Pema Chodron. The world is a disorienting place, a place in which tomorrow, nothing and nobody is going to be even similar to the way they were yesterday.

But in a way, that's the beauty of it. You just have to trust yourself to the current, as Alan Watts would say. Trust that life will go the way it needs to. Trust that everything is happening the way it must.

I'd also recommend you listen to this talk by Alan Watts - at least a bit; he says some very useful things about releasing control.

“Suppressing the fear of death makes it all the stronger. The point is only to know, beyond any shadow of doubt, that "I" and all other "things" now present will vanish, until this knowledge compels you to release them - to know it now as surely as if you had just fallen off the rim of the Grand Canyon. Indeed you were kicked off the edge of a precipice when you were born, and it's no help to cling to the rocks falling with you. If you are afraid of death, be afraid. The point is to get with it, to let it take over - fear, ghosts, pains, transience, dissolution, and all. And then comes the hitherto unbelievable surprise; you don't die because you were never born. You had just forgotten who you are.” - Alan Watts

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top