» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

» Question time.
by Luney Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 am

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 am

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 am

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

Holy Diver! Shake Your Rump! I'm In The Vortex :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Holy Diver! Shake Your Rump! I'm In The Vortex :)

Post by President Roosevelt on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:36 pm

I feel very inspired to write this right now so here we go...

Lately, I've been focusing on going up the Emotional Guidance Scale. It took a while to reach hopefulness and leave frustration behind, and the next stop on my journey was optimism. After a depressing time, I knew it would be great to have optimism again.

So what have I been doing since mid-April? Anything that feels good in my body, mind, heart and spirit - anything that helps me feel as if I'm moving up the Emotional Guidance Scale. Here's mostly what I've been up to:

1. Exercising (burpees, lifting weights, shadowboxing) and enjoying the feeling of positive energy in my body.

2. Working with better-feeling thoughts to release resistance on subjects like love and career (focus blocks).

3. Reading up on metaphysics, spirituality, and anything that inspires me. I've especially gotten back into reading up on Tantra, Hinduism, and Eckhart Tolle's Power of Now.

4. Enjoying the company of my family and friends.

5. Watching great movies at night (The Goldbergs, Risky Business and Scarface lol) and playing some of my old favorite video games (Vice City and Vice City Stories).

6. Thinking thoughts of self-appreciation and self-love.

7. Enjoying time in nature.

8. Meditating on stuck emotional blocks, meditating on self-acceptance and energy release.

9. Enjoying new ideas for my short stories.

10. Enjoying all of my favorite music.

With the exception of focus blocks, I didn't really focus on what I wanted at all because I didn't feel like I'm in the right place for it yet. I still felt bad whenever I focused on what I wanted. So I simply did what felt right to me like above to keep going up the Emotional Guidance Scale.

Today, I finally tapped into optimism after staying in hopefulness for a while. I was meditating a lot and doing Neo-Tantra exercises (breathing sexual energy into the body and being present in the body, finding love and appreciation for yourself and your life, being present and conscious of love). And in the midst of that, I felt like I was on a speeding yacht of positive energy moving across the ocean of the world.

Ok, I know this might sound nuts, but it's how I feel. I feel like a rock star! I feel like there's a powerful electric current of positive energy running through me. I felt unconditional love, personal power, ecstasy, joy,creativity, a state of flow with the combined fluidity of passion and grace. Everything seems so beautiful and I feel like I created it all aons ago. I feel like I'm in this body, I am me, but I am also everything else, I'm God too watching with delight at this really cool world I created a long time ago. It's like I'm a kid again, but also more of the man I truly am if that makes sense. Take a look at this commercial, this is what it feels like:

But anyway, here's what I feel really inspired to share with you because this is what I'm feeling right now:

1. You are loved. It's so amazing and soothing and exciting, the Universe has so much love for you no matter who you are. We are all made of this love energy.

2. You are powerful. There's a lot more to us than meets the eye and it feels so wonderful. You may not realize it yet but you will. You still have so much power within yourself. We all do.

3. Don't be afraid of your fears. It's all part of the journey, it's OK to experience fear and doubt, it's OK to have tough times and go through challenges. Just accept your fears, they are a part of you and once you accept them instead of denying them or resisting them, it will be easier for you to feel whole again. Fears are also mirages. They're not real but they are at the same time because we believe it to be real. Fears are like our kids - we brought a child into this world, gave it a horrifying Halloween mask, and we confuse the child with a terrifying masked killer. Look deeper, and you'll see that you're both the parent and the child here, the killer and the victim. No, the fear just is and we make it worse by our own judgements, especially our judgements about ourselves. So just accept them as they are and you'll see all the love again. Take off the mask and you'll see the happy kid that is also you. That's the power of love and acceptance, and by accepting our fears and following our inspiration anyway, we open ourselves to greater acceptance.

Funny enough, this is kind of a manifestation in itself because I've really wanted to delve deeper into spiritual and mystical experiences of connection to Self and God for a while now.

I know the analogies and mystical world view might seem confusing to some of you right now, but it's the best way I can describe what I'm feeling now. For Harry Potter fans out there, this is what it feels like:

Yeah, gettin' some love...from the Universe...also from Yourself....realizing all the Love that was inside you all along...And it doesn't last for a moment, so far it's lasted all day long...Like Ron, I feel loved, like I can do anything...

And this part's really good. Remember before when I said I could never focus on what I want when I was feeling low? Now that I feel pure positive energy, it's so much easier to practice the thought of having my desire, it feels inspired. And as icing on the cake, something I've desired for months, something I had a lot of resistance and limiting beliefs about, finally happened as this great, powerful feeling of positive energy took over.

And this part is the best of all - you will simply know and be inspired to believe that all things are working out for you. Imagine you've traveled across the galaxy to a new planet, it's strange, mysterious, but it draws you in, it feels oddly familiar like home. And there are people here in the luscious greenery - your old family and friends and loved ones that you love so much - and they wonder what took you so long to get here. And you see them with unconditional love, no past, no future, only the Now. That's what the Vortex feels like or at least what I'm feeling right now - a reunion with all the love and positive energy in the world. I probably won't stay here forever, but now I know I'm closer to where I want to be, and I'll put this positive energy to good use Smile

Now, here are some songs to describe the feeling I have:

President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy Diver! Shake Your Rump! I'm In The Vortex :)

Post by Luney on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:51 am

I'm really happy for you Pressie Hearts That was a great post, thank you for sharing!

I hope it will reflect back in millions of amazing surprises and wonderful moments for you Very Happy
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Have you fallen in love or something, PR? Wink

Great post. Smile Glad you're on cloud nine. Very Happy I love this bit in particular --

@President Roosevelt wrote: I feel like I'm in this body, I am me, but I am also everything else, I'm God too watching with delight at this really cool world I created a long time ago.

Reminds me a bit of --

I have one question -- what are these Neo-Tantra exercises? Could you go into a bit more detail?

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:54 pm

awesome Post Pressie you're a star
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:42 pm

@Evie wrote:
I have one question -- what are these Neo-Tantra exercises? Could you go into a bit more detail?

Like positive psychology and Law of Attraction, it's all about recognizing the spiritual within you except we're working with the body and its energy system to do it. In Neo-Tantra, the body is the vehicle for our divine essence, it's the temple through which we experience our spirituality. In the body, we often keep stuck emotional patterns and energies of thought. For example, if we feel crushed by stress and anxiety we might feel lots of tension in our lower body and it could be unconscious. With Neo-Tantra, we want to be more conscious and bring those energies to light.

Basically, I just breathe sexual energy into my heart. I was doing more intense workouts and having trouble breathing afterwards along with some heart pressure.  I remembered that Tantric breathing into the heart might help so why not give it a shot? You just relax, feel present and grounded in your body, and breathe sexual energy upwards into the heart past the other chakras. Activating the sexual energy is up to you, you don't necessarily have to use sexual fantasies or sexual touch to do it; sometimes yoga, pelvic thrusts, breathing exercises involving the sexual center, and pursuing better health overall are enough.

And you just work with the sexual energy. Sexual energy is another flavor to spiritual energy, at the end of the day - it's all energy. Just breathe, stay still in the sexual feelings, and focus on moving it upwards or moving it around to any part of your body that feels like it needs it. Sometimes it might feel uncomfortable at first when you're focusing the energy on a certain chakra or energy wheel on your body, especially if that chakra is unbalanced. Sexual energy is powerful because it can open the chakra again, but also be prepared for Pandora's Box - you might feel a rush of emotions and stuck energy that needs acceptance. Other times, you might feel like laughing a lot. Sometimes you might feel inspiration and get new insights as you meditate on this energy at different chakras and as you follow up on these insights, you may have answers for keeping the energy flowing.

I personally noticed that when I focused the energy on my heart, I felt much more spiritual - that is interconnected with the world and the feeling of God in everyone and everything - like a weight off my shoulders so to speak. As you focus on different parts of your body, the energy might get you into a meditative state and it's easier to work with affirmations to power up the positive energy in your body. I think it's important to note that I don't think Neo-Tantra is all about sex and sexual energy, it's about being conscious and aware, being present, and "working" with all energy, not just sexual, but also angry, blissful, sad, etc. Living life fully and connecting to our own spirituality can't be done if we deny or repress how we really feel, so learning to be more conscious and aware helps us to accept all of those energies within and be more whole. For example, one Neo-Tantra book said to punch a pillow or roar like a lion when we feel angry, once we've experienced the anger and become more aware of it, we can finally free its repressed energy within us and reintegrate it into our overall positive energy, so it's not just about sexual stuff - it's about being more conscious, accepting and life-affirming of all of our energy.

President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:02 am

So happy for you, PR!!! VERY inspiring experiences! Thanks for sharing Very Happy

PS> Great musical taste! While scrolling, I thought of posting Holy Diver, but you did it before me. And, oh, Mikis Theodorakis. Wow! Do you know the meaning of the lyrics? Or, is it just your way of saying, "Girls, I wanna meet with you in Santorini!" ?  Cool
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:45 am

@The Strawberry Girl wrote:
PS> Great musical taste! While scrolling, I thought of posting Holy Diver, but you did it before me. And, oh, Mikis Theodorakis. Wow! Do you know the meaning of the lyrics? Or, is it just your way of saying, "Girls, I wanna meet with you in Santorini!" ?  Cool

laugh

I thought of you while listening to it  and then I knew I had to put it up. Cool

The lyrics seem a bit melancholic, doesn't it? But the song itself feels so festive and passionate so I like to think it's encompassing the Greek spirit of the almighty delicious gyros in this one Razz
President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:44 am

Very Happy 

There's an interesting story behind this song. It was part of the score for an early 60's folk opera/musical named The Neighborhood of the Angels, that premiered just a few years before the rise of the Junta (1967-1974). The play/musical was supposed to describe the lives of average people who lived in the poor part of the town.

Back then, screen writers were constantly trying to imitate Hollywood and Broadway musicals but in a clumsy way, in my humble opinion. So, it was nothing like West Side Story, if you ask me, although the main actress (who also led the theater group) was as beautiful and talented as Natalie Wood  Wink  

Despite the ambitious plan, and the famous cast, the whole thing was a disaster, so they had to recall the shows almost immediately. The only thing that was worth was the score by Mikis Theodorakis. It had such an impact on the audience that it could stand by itself. Due to this impact, the producers gave the script a second chance, this time in 1968, by making a film based on the script. This time with a different score, by Stavros Xarchakos, who was a republican.

The Junta had already taken over. Both Mikis Theodorakis and Jenny Karezi (the main actress) were members of the back then illegal Communist Party, and they were obviously unwelcome by the regime. He was arrested in late 1967 for being a communist, he was tortured, but in 1970 due to very strong pressure both from Greek and international public opinion, he was released and moved to Paris in self-imposed exile.

I can't tell about the movie, I haven't watched it. But Mikis's songs are legendary and you can still listen to them everywhere Very Happy

Now, the lyrics are sad-dish. They talk about a couple who separated. The guy travels all the way back home to meet his former lover, hoping that she will accept him back. So he is asking her to make her bed for two, he wants to hug her hoping that everything will be just like before...Pfff, typical cheesy reunion story hahaha Smile

As for the Greek spirit of the almighty delicious gyros, you have to stand in line, sir. Or, even better, sign up for our ambitious plan to conquer Santorini Razz
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top