» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

» Question time.
by Luney Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 am

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 am

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 am

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

News Gossip Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: News Gossip Thread

Post by Night Eyes on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:46 am

Lol Kazoo I read this post earlier and when i looked up at the tv the British girl who won Silver in trampolining was being interviewed Razz .... I think its only been an even for the last few Olympics

But yeah the American girls were amazing in the gymnastics, it's always such a treat to watch. I find plenty of the events odd but my boy made me giggle when he asked 'How come they play ping pong in the Olympics?'
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:54 am

Lol I'm surprised by all the surprise! Two of my cousins used to do trampolining competitively...it's far from easy. Basically air gymnastics...

I haven't watched any of the Olympics, no time, but I was glad to read about Schooling's win. Inspirational - what a kid! Smile

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:57 am

Evie Australia and Uk had some good head to heads in the rowing, i remember watching the mens x4 final and the were snapping at the uk guys heels the whole race Smile
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:00 am

Oh cool. I have never watched rowing or rowed myself but I want to do both someday!

(Hang on... does that mean the UK won? Suspect Wink )

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:03 am

Haha yeah we got a lot of golds in the rowing
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:04 am

Humph. Wink

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:04 am

I only watched some of the gymnastics and nothing else. That French guy that broke the leg though affraid

I wanted to watch the marathon, but missed it. I'm not into watching marathon normally, but Estonia had identical triplets that were all running there, they even made the Guinness record book.

I used to watch speed walking in Olympics when I was younger and when I was running late for the train to school I tried to copy their stride, you know how they swing the hips side to side so it looks really funny.
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:33 am

Awww those triplets look supercool Luney!

I'm actually missing it now it's not on all day, it just became a little background feature the last 2 weeks

I'd love to have the money and passports to go to Tokyo in 2020 and watch them, it would be amazing Smile
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:23 pm

How crazy is it that identical triplets would make it to the Olympics?!  Identical triplets are rare enough to begin with and all three of them making it to the Olympics is something else!   Great story!

Haha, those racewalkers remind me of this:

(That's "prancercising" for those who don't know...  Egyptian dance  Extra happy )

Lol, I wouldn't be surprised if "competitive prancercising" becomes an Olympic event some day.
kazoo
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:45 am

Haha i'd enter and do that Very Happy
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:18 pm

Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Whoa. Shocked

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:57 am

Sigh.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/hook-ups-break-ups/angelina-jolie-exposes-her-rebelturnedsaint-myth-by-trashing-brad-pitt/news-story/0e0c5c115f8ea7ff8907d58d79dfa677

It's perhaps strange that I care about the Angelina-Brad split--I only started liking her recently, and I rarely have any interest in celebrity gossip--but I do care. I guess people in general feel it's symbolic in a way - the (supposedly) golden marriage of Hollywood ending in divorce. Their love shined so bright as a beacon of hope for the institution of marriage, and for soppy romantics *cough* worldwide, and now...?

Another thing -- it feels so unfair that people are blaming and demonising Angie. I'm not saying she's a saint but I doubt she would want to divorce Brad and break up their family like that - rid her children of their father - unless it was really bad... of course it doesn't have to be as bad as we are told by the media, but surely no smoke without fire.

*Sigh.*
Evie
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:31 am

meh i never liked them as a couple I was always on Jennifer Anistons team
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:11 am

While I know that it's hard to tell what is true with media these days and what really happened, so I can't say who is in the wrong, but I feel bad for both of them.

I saw their divorce papers and the boxes that were ticked for all kids including the ones she adopted before even getting together with him were legal custody- joint, physical custody- petitioner, visitation rights- respondent. So I do feel that the media is trying to twist her actions to make it seem like she is trying to keep him from having any contact with kids- she is even giving him rights to take legal decisions for her own adopted kids.

I feel that whenever somebody that seems really errr... saintly.... turns out to not be so pure, people thrive on it as if they feel a relief over their own wrongdoings.

I think this Angie-bashing is over the top and unnecessary. I never particularly liked or disliked her, but I have respect for her in a sense that her soul sure has taken a massive load of having such complex life. I would never be able to juggle everything she has to face daily- parental duties, career, being UN ambassador and constantly traveling around the world, all the charity work, all the paparazzi and public judgement and critique she has to face daily, where everything about you is constantly monitored and judged, from your kids to your body and beauty to what you wear and meanwhile if Brad really does have alcohol and drug issues and depression (which he does, I have seen him speak about it openly in interviews before) then having to deal with the marriage issues and decisions what would be the best for kids, while dealing with heartache - jeeeez, I could never handle the pressure and you don't get any days off, it's constant and never-ending.

I do believe Brad genuinely loves her and the kids, but I can also believe he might have tantrums due to drugs and alcohol.
He had issues with that already way before Angelina
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2328477/Brad-Pitt-reveals-wasting-life-away-married-Jennifer-Aniston.html
As it says in here -
It's not the first time Brad has described life before Angelina as a drug-fueled haze.
In 2011, he told Parade magazine he spent the 1990s 'sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out'.
He said he felt 'pathetic' and that he 'wasn't living an interesting life.'
He added: 'I think that my marriage had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't.'

So in case Angelina just decided that even though she loves him, it's better and safer for kids to not be around it, I feel extra bad for her since everybody is hating on her now.
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:59 am

I had no idea she was getting hassle over it, but then again i rarely keep upto date with celeb gossip

I found it a bit weird this made national news over here, to me there's more important things going on in the world, than some couple who got together through an affair and are no different to any other couple.

I'm sure she had her reasons like anyone else applying for a divorce, pitfall of being famous unfortunately your dirty laundry gets aired to the world :/
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:32 am

I know we said no politics. But I'm not saying anything, I just wanted to share this

Evie
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:38 am

Sweet, I was looking for this thread  Cool

Kazoo, I saw this and thought of you  Razz

President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:48 am

Evie
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kazoo on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Lol PR.  They can be such horrible people but at the same time so COOL at the same time.  I'm conflicted...

Evie that's the most adorable thing ever!!!  But it looks like the tiny arm is going out in the wrong direction!  I wonder if it's gonna heal correctly like that but I guess the vet knows what they're doing!
kazoo
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:52 am

Okay this is truly horrific, but I just had to share.
This little 9 week old boy just died through the hands of his own violent father. I didn't copy the whole article to spare you from the horror, but just look at this photo!!

Look at the grim reaper staring at the baby on his T-shirt pale affraid

Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:24 am

Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:50 am

I'd love to say I find it strange or amazing, but though it is of course a good performance the only thing about it that is worth remarking is that his transitions between high and low are nicely done. Shruggy smiley Men with normal male voices have been able to sing in female vocal ranges for centuries; they're called countertenors. They existed alongside the castrati (male singers who were castrated before puberty in order to preserve their soprano or contralto voices), but they have only really come into their heyday in modern times, often taking on roles previously designed for the castrati because castrating men for artistic reasons went out of fashion in the late eighteenth century. It should be noted that even the best countertenors cannot in any way match the strength and brilliance of a castrato, as countertenors use falsetto to achieve their higher ranges.

Sorry for the mini virtual lecture, but I get a bit pedantic and passionate about music history, especially this area as I have lectured and tutored on it for a long time! I have tried to curb my enthusiasm here though. There is so much more to be said, e.g. that the castrati were the great divas of their day. Wink Maybe you've seen the film Farinelli, which though very inaccurate does give a good idea of the kind of popular adulation these guys received. They had incredible vocal flexibility - the soprano Cecilia Bartoli has revived many of the previously forgotten virtuoso castrato arias, e.g.  

P.S. Despite being castrated, the castrati were regarded as emblems of masculinity; their voices were compared to the sound of trumpets and they were given extremely heroic parts in operas. They were also renowned for their prowess as lovers, treasured by women for their special abilities.

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:49 am

Holy Godiva, this story amazed me: http://wgntv.com/2017/04/12/8-year-old-drives-his-sister-to-mcdonalds-to-get-a-cheeseburger/

An 8 year old kid drove his sister to McDonald's for cheeseburgers Shocked

Wish I could get a ride Razz
President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:42 am

lol every parents nightmare!
Night Eyes
Radiant