» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

» Question time.
by Luney Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 am

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 am

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 am

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

Practice The Vibration of What You Want By Ignoring It

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Practice The Vibration of What You Want By Ignoring It

Post by President Roosevelt on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:23 am

Is it possible to attract our desires by not focusing on the subject we desire? I thought this was a very interesting topic from Abe-Hicks. First, I'll put up the video and then I'll include the notes I took on it and conclude with key takeaways.

1. The Video

2. Notes

- Practice a thought for 17 seconds
- Get in a high flying place and maintain vibrational alignment
- Sustain the connection and the problem evaporates
- The subject doesn’t matter, alignment matters
- The harder you try and ask = resistance
- Let things go for a while; stop using what you want and what you don’t have as an excuse to not feel good
- Emotions indicate vibrations, where we are vibrationally
- Hanging around in despair -> the Universe leads you to find more of it in your life because your point of attraction is still there
- The subject chooses the disc (emotional state). Thinking about money could feel like despair. Thinking about relationships can make you feel lonely, so choose the disc by the way it feels, not the subject. (If thinking on the subject of money outs you on a disc of despair, it may be better to think about family which outs you on a disc of appreciation. Being in positive emotional place - feeling good - is important.)
- What are you going to think about? Anything that feels positive. Not the big stuff because they feel negative.
- By choosing the subject, you’re setting a goal to practice a thought that makes you feel bad and keeps you way down there on the vibrational scale. Instead, pick the disc by the way you feel.
- Stay in a higher vibration -> attracts better-feeling thoughts
- Sustain a higher vibration long enough so that everything reflects it
- Let it go for a while -> the subject is bound in a low frequency, so focus on what feels good, find better-feeling thoughts and impulses will come
- Feeling good now = vibration of non-resistance
- It’s about the journey, not the destination, so make the journey fun, you don’t have to be where you would like to be to be happy, you just have to be on the way there to be happy.
- Don’t deprive yourself of joy just to want something, make all moments great

3. Key Takeaways

When learning about Law of Attraction, we're often led to believe that we have to focus on what we want. Let's say we desire money, then most Law of Attraction articles would say to visualize a scene in which you already have the money or think thoughts of yourself having the money. With consistency, repetition, and feeling it real with intense feelings - the power is ours.

But looking at my own experience, I often wonder why I attracted some things with strong focus but other things I wanted came when I let them go (stopped focusing on it or didn't focus at all). It still boggles my mind and this video gave me some ideas on it.

What if we don't have to focus on what we want to attract our desires? One of the core ideas of Abe-Hick's is that feeling good is important. Feeling good indicates that our thoughts are at a higher level and we are closer to manifestation because we are in a high vibration:

So if thoughts that make us feel optimism, passion, joy, love, freedom, appreciation, and bliss can bring us to a higher state (which is also a state where manifestation is easier), then why not choose to put our mind onto anything that puts us there? The only reason we desire anything is because we think we'd feel happier if we had it, therefore we should be able to attract whatever we want by staying in a feel-good place. If we desire to manifest money, then why not think about love if thinking about love makes us happy? After all, feeling good in general means that we are closer to manifestation. And I think that's the basic idea of what's going on here. So focusing on the money doesn't manifest the money we desire, choosing to feel good does and we can do that by focusing on any subject we choose like love or that cool movie we saw the other day, so long as it feels good.

So here's the basic idea: The key is to reach a feel-good place. You don't have to focus on the subject of what you desire and it can be counterproductive if that subject is filled with strong, negative feelings. For example, you want love but focusing on love only makes you feel frustrated. So go ahead and focus on anything else that feels better - that opens your mind to thoughts of freedom, joy, passion, optimism, and appreciation. As you feel like you're in a higher state, your thoughts on that subject will change as well and ideas, intuition, and impulses will flow in with more clarity. It's said that in this higher state manifestation will occur or you will know the inspired action to take on it. Likewise, focusing on what we want works as well if focusing on what we want feels good.

Looking at my own life, it doesn't explain everything but it does make sense to me. There are so many times when I was focused on a specific subject and it was making me frustrated and depressed. One of those subjects was an exam I studied so hard for and when I took it I felt defeated. I was so sure that I messed it up. After the exam, I hated feeling sad and I remembered the Law of Attraction, specifically "Acting As If", so I said to myself "I'm Warren Buffett!" (billionaire investor).

And because I'm a billionaire anyway, I don't have to think about my grades or visualize perfect results anymore, I don't even need the good grades, I can just relax and be happy. So I let it go and focus on something different that felt good, like playing a fun video game, thinking on an upcoming gathering that I felt optimistic about, or just appreciating all the great memories I have with my friends. In those higher emotional states, it was as if the thoughts on the previous subject shifted to a better-feeling place or my desire manifested without further thought on it.

I didn't think about my grades at all but after feeling-good for a week, I felt like I knew that everything would be fine. And it was - I got an A, almost perfect score, and I couldn't believe it. So maybe we don't have to manifest what we want by focusing on it. Maybe feeling good in general is sufficient. Maybe it's not focusing specifically on one thing that changes our mind, but focusing on anything that feels akin to a higher state changes the mind and uplifts it to that higher state. And the mind likewise must reflect that higher state with its thoughts, and so our thoughts on that frustrating subject changes and it must because the mind has changed. I'm still not completely convinced about it, a part me still thinks that specific focus may be essential in some cases, but I'm still exploring these ideas and that will be another post for another time  Cool

Hope you liked this topic and feel free to post about your own experiences and how they shaped your own thoughts on this.
President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Practice The Vibration of What You Want By Ignoring It

Post by Night Eyes on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:30 am

That actually really makes Sense Pres.

Whats the point in focusing on something thats currently making you miserable, you're going to get nowhere fast and just bring in more misery and negativity

Best to focus the energy where it feels good and let it build Smile
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Roosevelt on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:49 pm

@Night Eyes wrote:That actually really makes Sense Pres.

Whats the point in focusing on something thats currently making you miserable, you're going to get nowhere fast and just bring in more misery and negativity

Best to focus the energy where it feels good and let it build Smile

It makes sense but I guess I'm so used to focusing hard on things that it feels like a gamble.

Whenever I've focused on one subject and it was too frustrating for me, I've either had to let it go for several hours and just listen to music and play video games or find a way to deal with those emotions and reach acceptance on the subject.

From what I've been reading lately, this is Vortex work (a state of being of pure positive energy). But what do I do when I reach this state of positive energy? It's said that to manifest our desires, we have to practice the feeling of having it consistently. I'm conflicted between two ideas:

1. When you feel positive overall again, go back to that bad subject and switch it up to a subject that feels better. This makes it easier to feel like you have it by the power of focus.

or

2. When you feel positive overall, just keep going up the Emotional Guidance Scale by focusing on any subject you want as long as it feels good or feels right. As we get closer to passion and joy, we are closer in spirit to our Higher Self and that connection takes care of it all. Perhaps, in that connection we've already found the feeling of having it and therefore we don't need to do the heavy lifting with sustained focus on what we want?

or perhaps there's a 3rd option

3. When we get consistent in the state of being of pure positive energy, we will simply know or feel intuitively which path is best for us.
President Roosevelt
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:10 pm

This is a great post pres, things seem to manifest for me in the same way.
What I've noticec is the things I just sort of half think of then totally just forget about come really quickly. The things I deliberately make myself focus on either take a long time or don't at all.
Can't remember where I read it but there was an article about getting stuck in the adking stage of the process, this imo is what happens when you make yourself visualise over and over to create a result.
When you just totally let go of the outcome eg forget about it go do something else fun, you are in the allowing stage of the process.
Recently manifested a Buddha statue in this way, I wanted one for my garden, but wanted a large one, so I pictured what it would look like in the spot I wanted it, just a few seconds of imagining where the Buddha would go.
Next day walking down the street, I was drawn into a shop by a jumper I saw in the window that I liked as I am paying for my new jumper I looked up and there was my Buddha on sale right next to the register. The exact one I wanted at a price I could afford.
I rarely shop at that shop eithér and never thought I would find it in that particular shop so never registered to go there for a Buddha.
It was the jumper drew my attention totally unrelated.
Willow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Great post, PR!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:19 pm

I actually find it so difficult to focus on anything lately my mind is all over the shop

so just being happy and doing nice things is enough lol
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:57 am

Great post Pressie, I probably have lots of thoughts all over the place on that subject, but let me try to put a couple down quickly Very Happy

I feel that I definitely manifest things easier when I am in a high happy vibration. Especially when you have been in the bad vibration for a long time and then everything falls to place.

At the same time I feel that there is a limit and as Bashar says- nothing is kept from you other than what you are keeping from yourself.
For example, when I was in high school, I put a great deal of passionate effort into daydreaming in rather detailed visuals how me and my current eye candy would end up together. I was very happy doing it, no desperation or impatience, so technically that should've been manifesting left and right... but it never did, I never even got to talk to any of these guys Shruggy smiley
Why didn't it happen? Because to me it was not normal or natural that guys would like me, I was the weird one and my dreams never come true, whether they be about love or about money, so obviously that's what I manifested regardless of my happiness and vivid imagination.

Until one day when I changed my mind and started knowing it was natural for me to get any guy I desired and then it was as if the switch clicked and my world started reflecting that thought from thereon.

Even now there are limits, or else you would be a billionaire and so would I laugh

Bashar says to not spend more than 15 minutes a day on intense visualization or feeling of having acquired your goal and then forget about it for the rest of the day while following your highest excitement.
I think it depends how you feel about the subject, I have had things that I was so excited about I couldn't stop thinking about them manifest and flow naturally to my life, so unless you get reminded of the lack constantly, I don't think you should force yourself to think about something else.

The problem for me is though, that if there is an issue I am anxious about then I find it hard to just pretend it's not there and be all jolly regardless. I can use the emotional scale and even get to the place of being happy, but it feels like I have just brushed the issue under the carpet and am "fake-happy" while the issue is still nagging somewhere on my subconscious mind and still attracting crap.

I think if there is an issue, it needs to be addressed, observed and just allowed to be (non-resistance). Sometimes that doesn't help either though, it still keeps hovering around like an annoying mosquito Laughing
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top