» What do you think about power places?
by Night Eyes Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

» 13 Things You Should Give Up If You Want To Be Successful
by Night Eyes Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:44 pm

» Shine's Genie
by kazoo Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

» Question time.
by Luney Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 am

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Evie Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

» What do you want to manifest this month?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:24 pm

» Ever feel like Belle?
by kazoo Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 pm

» '5 Secrets to Wu Wei'
by LittlemissSunshine Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 pm

» Learning to Trust the Universe
by Night Eyes Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am

» I am grateful for...
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

» The Daily Thich Nhat Hanh
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm

» The Giggle Thread
by Evie Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

» How is Everyone?
by Night Eyes Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

» Introduce yourself
by Luney Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:06 am

» Positive Affirmations
by Luney Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 am

» Shiny, Pretty, Happy Things
by Night Eyes Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 am

» Positivity app
by Night Eyes Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

» Cleaning home from negative energies
by kazoo Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

» Share your Recipes
by Luney Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 am

» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

I am doing THIS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am doing THIS

Post by Evie on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Elephant Journal wrote:When I find myself falling back into the vortex of my monkey mind, i.e. having thoughts unrelated to the present moment, I try to remember Thich Nhat Hanh's useful suggestion, which is to re-calibrate the mind and therefore the spirit with reality by making the statement, “I am doing this.”

“This” may be anything from washing the dishes, to listening to your best friend talk, to clipping your toe nails, having sex or brushing your hair.

Once you carefully and attentively articulate what you are doing an amazing thing happens. It’s like turning on a light in a dark room—everything becomes illuminated. All the details of your surroundings and the information your senses are processing stand out in stark relief.

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2013/10/a-simple-lesson-from-thich-nhat-hanh/

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I am doing THIS

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:20 pm

Wonderful! After a very awkward day, this is just what I needed to read. Thanks, Eve!
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:22 am

I'm so glad you like it, Strawberry Girl! Smile I only just came across that "I am doing this" mantra, but having read quite a lot of Thich Nhat Hanh, I've tried mindful walking a few times in the past. It is surprising how much we really need to be reminded to be present. I will be walking down a street in my neighbourhood and repeating to myself in my head, "I am walking, I am walking" and observing the various things on the street, and only then do I realise how completely lost I usually am in my thoughts. (Actually that shouldn't be a surprise, when I'm preoccupied with something in my work I will often do things like try to put a book in the freezer Flattered ...ahem.) It's possible to go about our daily lives while being totally unconscious of what we are actually doing because our thoughts are pulling us to the past or future, so we end up missing so much.

I'm not very good at mindfulness; I need to repeat I am doing this! to myself every day from now on.

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:50 am

Last night I had an "I'm doing THIS" experience. You probably know my story from the other forum. I'm still into my ex, I want her back, and I do believe that one day we'll be together again. It's been two years since we separated, and two weeks after she broke up with me she started dating a much younger girl than me. They are still together, but I get very strange messages/syncs from the Universe that I'm on the right path (plus a few more huge signs, but this is not the right place or time to discuss it.)

Anyway, I attended a rock festival, and I was sure I would bump into them. Every time this happens, it makes me feel anger and sadness. So, last night I did see them from afar. Couple of days ago I had a strong feeling that this was going to happen. I would run this scenario into my mind, that I will bump into them and she will talk to me, and I will be cool and everything. But in the end I realized I was poorly prepared. I wasn't really ready for this. I will admit I was really annoyed and stressed when I saw them, at least in the beginning. But then I thought to myself "No, not this time. I don't need any conflicts, I don't need any pretentious talks and 'call me whenever you like' kind of attitudes. I don't want to say hi and have that little #$@#** who stole my girl from me stare at me as if I'm an intruder or something. All I want is to be present and enjoy the gigs. I'm not letting them destroy my night."

Despite the fact that I was prepared to make a move in case she did talk to me (I was about to propose her to call me whenever she wants, to go out for a beer, and I would do that in front of her gf in order to sort of confuse them and cause some mess haha), I decided to follow my guts, ignore them after all and enjoy the night. What happened in the end was this. The more I ignored their presence and focus on me the more they would appear close to me and my friends. But I had already put my attention to myself, my friends and the stage, so I wouldn't care less. For two whole years, whenever I would attend a gig knowing that they were there, I would miss the enjoyment because I'd put my focus on them being together. Not last night. I had a blast, and for the first time in two years "I was doing THIS." Very Happy

So, thanks again for the great sync. I was amazed when I saw your post! This is exactly what we need to do. BE PRESENT. Life in itself is a sum of moments. Let's not waste this precious gift!
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:00 am

That's fab Strawberry it looks like you really made some progress internally there!

thanks for sharing I love you
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:06 pm

It feels like I'm finally on the right path. Plus, she doesn't fool me that she doesn't care. Plus, life is wonderful, I want to live every single second being present. Primarily and mostly for me. Everyone else (including her) will follow. Yesterday has been the real proof that focusing on oneself really does work.

Thanks, Night Eyes. Love and positive vibes to Wales Smile
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:15 pm

Focusing on you and making yourself happy really does work, it can be hard to do and I struggle with focusing consitently but I notice the difference when I do it

Sending love and hugs right back to you sweety x x
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Aww Strawberry Girl. hugz Sounds like you've made an important shift. I agree, self-focus and self-love are so important; learning happiness in the present is a crucial skill. Maybe another synchronicity - I've been reading BrainPickings' Thich article "How to Love" and there is a passage -

Thich Nhat Hanh wrote:The essence of loving kindness is being able to offer happiness. You can be the sunshine for another person. You can’t offer happiness until you have it for yourself. So build a home inside by accepting yourself and learning to love and heal yourself. Learn how to practice mindfulness in such a way that you can create moments of happiness and joy for your own nourishment. Then you have something to offer the other person.

I'm planning to post up the whole article with separate discussion later, but for now, it's here: https://www.brainpickings.org/2015/03/31/how-to-love-thich-nhat-hanh/

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:22 pm

I've been bombarded with a 1+4 combination sync. It's been everywhere for a couple of months now (even yesterday, just before I bumped into my love I saw more than 10 plate numbers with combinations of 1+4, amazing!) This whole post is a sync to me anyway, but please check your browser. This post's number is t144 Very Happy Definitely not a coincidence to me!

p.s.> I just loooooove brain pickings!
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:55 pm

I like seeing number patterns too. Smile These days I haven't been noticing them as often as usual though Scratchhead

Today on my walk I had to call myself back to the present moment by saying "I am doing THIS! Walking!" ...amazing how the mind runs away with us!!!

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:03 pm

What does the 1+4 combination sync mean to you, Strawberry?

P.S. I love Brainpickings too!

I especially love these posts:

What is Love?
https://www.brainpickings.org/2013/01/01/what-is-love/

Alan Watts - The Yin-Yang of Fortune and Misfortune: Alan Watts on the Art of Learning Not to Think in Terms of Gain and Loss
https://www.brainpickings.org/2015/11/06/alan-watts-swimming-headless/ !!!

“The whole process of nature is an integrated process of immense complexity, and it’s really impossible to tell whether anything that happens in it is good or bad.”

well, now you've reminded me of how much I love the site I'm going to have to post bits and pieces in Inspirational Quotes, etc...!

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glimmer on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:05 pm

Glimmer
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:09 pm

Lovely words of wisdom, Eve! I absolutely love both Susan Sontag and Albert Camus!

As for the combinations of 1+4, especially due to the time they began to appear in front of me, I feel that they are trying to tell me that I'm doing a good job so far. I feel like they are telling me "everything is going to be the way you dream, keep up the good work, the time is near but you have to be a bit patient for the truth to reveal". That's how I perceive it. Every time I see them, a little piece of truth reveals itself to me. It's as if I discover the pieces of a huge puzzle, so to speak!

I keep bumping into plate numbers that have either the initials or the initials in reverse of the plate my love has on her car. I keep seeing grey ford fiesta's with similar plate numbers, so close to hers. This began very early, can't tell why.

I keep bumping into online articles or youtube videos that were uploaded either on her birthday or on our anniversary date.

Lately I've seen feathers more than twice. Once I found a feather on the front door of a house I was visiting. And I saw one yesterday as I was waiting for a taxi on my way to the gig space.

Some few months ago I would bump into girls who look like her. Couple of weeks ago (even though she deleted me on fb) I noticed that she liked the same posts I had liked in pages we both follow, and she did it after I liked those posts. I would see our first names next to each other everywhere, on fb posts, on forums, on articles, in magazines, just everywhere.....

Yesterday, in a crowded open air festival with more than 8000 attendants I would spot her all the time, even in the dark....even when she was 100 meters away from me, in the dark...

Syncs come and go from the very first week she broke up with me. If you care, you can take a look on the other forum where we had this thread called "twin flames and synchronicity". But I warn you, it's a lot of posts!!

Dunno...I just feel that this whole thing makes me keep walking, keep doing what I do. I feel I've changed for the better. This whole process helps me find my real self. Deep down I know I don't need any approval nor reassurance nor anything. I know she loves me and I know that we'll be together again. But sometimes syncs help a lot! And the thing is I don't cause them, nor do I 'pray' or wish for signs, syncs, symbols or anything to prove me I'm on the right path. I don't rely on syncs, I'm just grateful for them because they contribute to my well being. I thank them and go on with my day. But I always have in mind that when a sync happens, I should be ready for some positive change in my situation.

Maybe I should contribute to the sync section a bit? cyclops

Last edited by The Strawberry Girl on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:10 pm

Wow, Glimmer, just wow!! Thanks for sharing!!!
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:17 pm

P.S> I edited my post at 10.14 p.m. local time...Dammit!!!
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:36 pm

It sounds like you have a lot of synchronicity going on there Strawberry, aswell as a lot of determination, i need some of your mindset Smile
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:34 pm

I always had syncs in my life, especially when serious issues had to be solved or when it came to very important situations of my life. The very first time I ever noticed a sync was when I was about 14-15 years old, i.e. 2,5 decades ago. Then I read that this strange "thing" is called a synchronicity, and that there's actually a definition of it given by the almighty Carl Jung. Who was I to question him, right?

When I was a teen I used to think of myself as a rational one, I used to deny the existence of guts, instinct, signs, syncs etc, all the metaphysics kind of things in general. But life proved me wrong, so I was unable to ignore these things anymore. After I turned 18, I decided to trust this gut feeling of mine, accept it as a special part of myself, embrace it and follow it whenever it rings my bells. It has never betrayed me so far, and whenever I think to myself something like "naaah, it's just my imagination" I'm always wrong Very Happy Throughout the years, I realized I had a gift in fortune telling (I can read a fortune cup, plus I'm really good at tarot interpretation). And I had great metaphysical experiences in general, including a very spooky poltergeist one in Edinburgh some ten years ago. If I were a psycho or anything, I'd be under surveillance by now, but I'm not LOL! I'm completely sane.

Anyway, my determination comes from my deep love for her combined with my gut feeling, plus the fact that the whole relationship was what we call "one in a million". It began very awkwardly and the end of it was an LOA proof (though in its negative manifestation.) After my breakup I stumbled upon the definition of twin flames, which put words to my thoughts, feelings and experience. I realized I wasn't the only one to have this strange kind of experience. And I wasn't crazy, I wasn't losing my mind after all! So, a series of "coincidences" led me to the other forum two years ago. I learned a lot of things I am grateful for. Plus, the whole thing led me here too.

So, here I am. Fire away. I would loooove to add my two cents of positivity and determination to this forum. We might as well start an "ex back" section but with much more positivity and in "sparkle and shine" fashion Smile

x
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:19 am

Oh wow Strawberry - sounds like you might want to share some things about poltergeists and metaphysical experiences under Spooky Corner! Jawdrop

I think gratitude, positivity, and determination form the backbone of any successful life. I hope you keep sharing your secrets and inspiration. Smile

Let's all work on improving our focus and attention on the present moment in ways that allow us to experience the miracle of life.

“Many people are alive but don't touch the miracle of being alive.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh, The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation

“The raft is used to cross the river. It isn't to be carried around on your shoulders. The finger which points at the moon isn't the moon itself.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh, The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Strawberry Girl on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:39 am

I'll start a thread a.s.a.p.!!
The Strawberry Girl
Sparkling
Sparkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down