» Inspiring Videos
by Evie Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 am

» Depression
by Night Eyes Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

» The Giggle Thread
by Luney Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:10 am

» News Gossip Thread
by Luney Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:23 pm

» What Good Things Happened to You Today?
by Night Eyes Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:16 am

» Waking up in the middle of the night
by Night Eyes Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:05 pm

» Today I Manifested
by LittlemissSunshine Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:16 pm

» Positive Inspiration
by Evie Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:47 am

» Five Practices for Nurturing Happiness
by Evie Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:40 am

» Learning Passion
by Night Eyes Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:37 am

» Stress in the modern world
by Night Eyes Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:26 am

July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
Night Eyes

Evie

President Roosevelt

LittlemissSunshine

Gallery

I am grateful for...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am grateful for...

Post by Evie on Sat May 28, 2016 6:49 am

In this thread, celebrate the wonderful things in your life. These can be small things (your favourite fridge magnet, the porcelain bowl you eat cereal from in the mornings), tangible things (a dress you own, a camera you've borrowed), intangible things (your friendships, a victory at work)... It can be an event that has happened recently, or it can be something that exists in your life every day.
Just take a moment to appreciate the things you have.

I'll start.

I'm lucky enough to own this dress:

(now I just have to slim down enough to be able to fit into it again Razz )
Evie
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I am grateful for...

Post by Evie on Sat May 28, 2016 7:01 pm

I'm grateful for my long legs, which are healthy, so I can walk and run Very Happy

I'm grateful to be almost in shape again...

I'm grateful for my wonderful friends

I'm grateful for my family, for the beauty and love I perceive and experience every day.
Evie
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Sun May 29, 2016 12:26 pm

I'm Grateful that today is such a Beautiful Sunny day.

It's completely glorious outside, the washing is drying in the warm breeze, the kids are happy, the cats are happy, mammy bear is happy and i just feel full of joy gratitude and peace :hrts:
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:35 am

Today I am grateful for Vitakava, a 100% natural coffee-like drink made out of ground barley, rye, and chicory root.

I am grateful for my family...

I am grateful to have an interesting project to work on...

I am grateful for all you lovely people on this forum. I love you

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:40 pm

I am grateful for my family...
I am grateful for discovering LoA (and this forum)...
I am grateful for all the amazing people that were, are and will be part of my life. I am grateful for their friendliness, for the help they give to me and for being in touch with people that are like me.
I am grateful for my health that improves day by day...
I am grateful for finding my passions which will later form my successful career.

drm0
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:15 am

Today, I am grateful for the blue sky
I am grateful for my (uncle's) bike
I'm grateful for my friends (and yes, here's looking at you!)
I'm grateful to be slimmer
I'm grateful for time.

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:36 pm

I am grateful for discovering Memrise! It's a great tool if you want to easily retain information. I currently use it for learning advanced English vocabulary and build a core in French - maybe you should check it out. Wink

drm0
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Memrise sounds so cool! Do you use it as a mobile app or online? I remember my old computer tutor (well he used to be way back though he's young Razz ) used to use some special methods for learning languages but I can't remember the name of it...  but it might have been something like this. It looks really awesome! I will definitely try it out. Very Happy Thanks for the heads-up.

Has anyone here used Happify? It can be web-based or used as a phone app, and they have all these great exercises and games based on positive psychology. We actually use similar exercises here (the gratitude and what good things happened to you today threads are a good example), and of course we have a great community Very Happy but we don't have any flash games. There's one where you launch balloons with positive words in order to train yourself to focus on the positive rather than negative.... Wink

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:00 pm

I use Memrise online as they don't have an app for Windows Phone. I wish they would cause I would've been way more productive by using it on my PC & phone, but maybe I will change my phone soon as I badly want a new one (with another operating system that has all the apps I need).

Thanks for talking about Happify. I've just joined and it seems interesting! Unfortunately, they don't have an app for my phone either. Sad

drm0
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:40 am

I will start using Memrise soon, it looks so fantastic and will be useful for a number of things I need, including languages...

What Windows Phone do you have? Smile
I can't use Happify on my mobile either, as I have an old version of IOS and can't upgrade. Sigh... But Happify online is still lots of fun. Wink I hope you like it!

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Eyes on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:48 am

Today i'm Grateful to be emotionally strong and able to get through everything life throws at me
Night Eyes
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:51 pm

@Evie wrote:
What Windows Phone do you have? Smile

I have a Lumia 640, after owning a 630. Smile I've bought it 'cause it was on sale and Microsoft said there will be a lot more apps after the launch of Windows 10 Mobile. Well, they wren't quite right... Smile

It may seem weird for the natives, but I am grateful for having the possibility to buy books written in English. I've just started reading ”The Martian” by Andy Weir. It's the first untranslated novel I read and I love it! I can't imagine myself reading it in my native language now because a lot of subtile jokes are kinda untranslatable without losing their original meaning. Smile

I think that reading in English will help me to sound more natural and to achieve a good level of knowledge, not to mention the improvement of my vocabulary. I created a spreadsheet today with all the words I didn't know and their meaning . So far so good - I found 24 unknown words in 48 pages.

drm0
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:34 pm

Wow, those are really some impressive reading skills. Looks like Memrise is working. Wink I can't imagine learning a new language from scratch and being so good at it I could read a whole book in that language - you're amazing! Are you big on sci-fi in general, or just that book? Also, have you seen the film The Martian - and would you recommend it?

Today, I am grateful that my family and friends are alive and safe.
I'm also grateful a book shipment arrived from Amazon with gifts for my mum. Smile

edit: I was just thinking "I wish PR would make a post" and two minutes later, he had. Razz

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Thank you for your kind words! It seems I am slowly developing a passion for sci-fi 'cause I really dig this book (I've read almost a half of it and it keeps getting better) and my favorite TV show is The Flash, which is also  sci-fi related. Smile

I didn't see the film because if I did, I would find the reading experience way less enjoyable as my subconscious would rely on the movie, not on my own imagination. Been there, done that - it's awful! I will see the movie as soon as I finish the book. Very Happy

I am grateful for  the well being of my friends, family and I.
I am also grateful the weather is a little bit colder than it was last week, so way more supportable. Razz

drm0
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:26 am

I like science fiction too. I loved Isaac Asimov stories when I was younger, and Flowers for Algernon. I wrote a story about a girl and a robot when I was about 9; some day I want to expand it into a YA novel. (I already started this once, but I never got around to finishing it....story of my life. Razz ) I will need to check out The Martian and The Flash when I have more time. Very Happy

Have you read Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I haven't (yet), but it's a classic, and I know the story and some excerpts from it.

And yes I agree, it's best to read the book first! Unless you see the movie and then realise oh, that was so good, I should read the book(s). That's what happened to me with Lord of the Rings.... in fairness, I saw the first movie, then read the entire trilogy, and only then, much later, saw the other two movies, so I sort of read some of it before watching. What a Face

---------------------------------

Today, I'm grateful that our house didn't burn down last night. Neutral Our neighbours didn't put out their fire properly before going to sleep and my mum woke up at 1am to see a massive tall flame taller than our barn out the window. If things had gone a bit differently, we could have lost everything.

I'm also grateful that my grandma didn't have a bad accident yesterday.

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:40 am

This is the first sci-fi book I read, but I'll check those out too if I can!

The ”The movies was good - I need to read the book” scenario's happened to me too! I've seen ”If I stay” and I've liked it so much I've bought the book, but I couldn't read it, because I already had a fresh image of it created by the movie. I stopped at the 35th page, haha. Smile

Maybe I'll start to read it again this year, as I only vaguely remember what happened now, so I will be able to use my imagination. Very Happy

Today I am grateful for my overall mood. I am happy, alive and healthy!

drm0
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:23 am

I am grateful that @drm0 introduced me to Memrise! I have finally installed it on my phone and absolutely loving it. It is my dream app; I've already started a couple of courses in Italian, as well as a University Maths course and some memory training courses.

I'm also grateful for my iOS update. I've given my phone major surgery ( Colonel Roosevelt ) - before I was having memory problems, etc., so it was impossible for me to upgrade, but now I have the latest iOS and it feels like I have a new phone! Suddenly, all my apps work again, and though I had to give up all my old photos and other memories, I've gained so much. It felt like a ritual cleansing, updating my iPhone. If only upgrading myself were so easy....

Most of all, as ever, I'm grateful for my beautiful family and friends. Shout-outs to @Luney and @Night Eyes, and to @kazoo and @President Roosevelt for being extremely kind to me during a tough time.
You're wonderful - an inspiration. Heart with flowers

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:44 am

I am grateful for my Crown Jewels pen. It's so stylish and beautiful.

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittlemissSunshine on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:06 pm

I am grateful I am alive and healthy! That itself is worth the party right. Sometimes we don't realize how much we already have Smile

I am also grateful for the awesome weekend ahead. I have a festival and a wedding that I am going to. Party time!
LittlemissSunshine
Happiness Coach
Happiness Coach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drm0 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:44 pm

I'm grateful my eyesight is as good as it was 6 months ago. Just checked it today. Smile

drm0
Glowing
Glowing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:42 pm

That's great, @drm0! I need to get my eyes checked up again too, it's been an awful long time since I've been at the optometrist's....actually I'm kind of scared, hence delaying the visit. Wink

@LittlemissSunshine Oh yes this is definitely the most important thing! And you're right, so often we totally forget the value of being alive and healthy. Thich Nhat Hanh puts it this way:  “If we are not aware that we are happy, we are not really happy. When we have a toothache, we know that not having a toothache is a wonderful thing. But when we do not have a toothache, we are still not happy. A non-toothache is very pleasant.” Wink Smile So simple and so beautiful.

I am grateful for all you lovely people on the forum. I love you I mean that - each of you fills it with so much love and positive energy.

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lilac on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:21 pm

I'm so grateful for my wonderful mum I love you

Today was crappy and I love that I can still call her and tell her my problems and she always has the perfect thing to say.

lilac
Twinkling
Twinkling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:17 am

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evie on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:22 pm

The other day I got myself this mini kit as a special treat. Really chuffed with it!

Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luney on Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:31 am

My father in law turned up yesterday without any notice. He just drove down for 11 hours and then 11 hours back today just to bring kids Christmas presents! He is such an amazing grandfather and father (I call him dad too lol). We had a really nice dinner and talk. He's a kind of a person that gets stuff done, always positive and I had a chance to tell him about a few worries, fears and anxieties I've had on my mind lately. While most people say supportive things a la "Aww that sucks, I hope it will go well in the end", there is something about the way he talks, that makes you feel like absolutely without a doubt everything is fine and it'll be easy, fun and it's normal to have a few hiccups, jeesh why did I ever even worry about it? So I feel a lot lighter now Very Happy
Luney
Radiant
Radiant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top